2022 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

After two years of WR rich drafts, this one has been like a wasteland. Yet, it's fairly normal. In any event, I finally ahd a sim where I snagged one Now I need one where I also get an OT.

31: WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas
63: S Lewis Cine - Georgia
95: EDGE Sam Williams - Ole Miss
133: LB Leo Chenal - Wisconsin

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

After two years of WR rich drafts, this one has been like a wasteland.

I disagree. Any of the following should be an upgrade over everyone not named Hill:

Burks, Wilson, Williams, Olave, Dotson, London, Bell, Tolbert, Doubs, and Robinson. Then there's several guys who have the potential to be upgrades or at least cheaper lateral moves in Roberson, Ross, and Fryfogle. I'm sure I'm missing some and there's others I haven't looked at yet.

What don't you like about the guys I listed?

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I disagree. Any of the following should be an upgrade over everyone not named Hill:

Burks, Wilson, Williams, Olave, Dotson, London, Bell, Tolbert, Doubs, and Robinson. Then there's several guys who have the potential to be upgrades or at least cheaper lateral moves in Roberson, Ross, and Fryfogle. I'm sure I'm missing some and there's others I haven't looked at yet.

What don't you like about the guys I listed?

I did not say I did not like them. They all should be updrades on Hardman (#56 and a disappointment), Robinson (#126), Pringle (UDFA), Gordon (age 33).Our WR look like the ones Tom Brady spent most of his career throwing to. 

How many of your list would rank ahead of Chase, Waddle, or Smith? None. How many would have been drafted even second round last year? The first three and probably Olave. Is Dotson better than Eskridge, Atwell, or Marshall? Maybe, but London isn't. That means half of your list goes 3rd round or later if they were in last spring's draft. 

That's what I'm talking about. it isn't that there is no talent, but the top isn't great and the talent is thin compared to last spring. It's too bad we don't need C or OG. This is a great draft for IOL.

J

I don’t think WR is thin at all.   I’m not sure WR will ever be thin with how youth and college football are pushing kids to want to play it.    I guess maybe the top 10 might have less, but I think the mid 1st/mid 2nd is just as good if not better than last year.   Still looks to be 4/5 guys worthy of a 1st this year.  Don’t really like London but he could slide in there as well. 

Chase
          Burks
Waddle
Smith
         J. Williams
         Wilson
         Olave
Bateman
         Bell
Toney
        Dotson
T. Marshall
E. Moore
R. Moore

13 hours ago, RedGold said:

I don’t think WR is thin at all.   I’m not sure WR will ever be thin with how youth and college football are pushing kids to want to play it.    I guess maybe the top 10 might have less, but I think the mid 1st/mid 2nd is just as good if not better than last year.   Still looks to be 4/5 guys worthy of a 1st this year.  Don’t really like London but he could slide in there as well. 

Chase
          Burks
Waddle
Smith
         J. Williams
         Wilson
         Olave
Bateman
         Bell
Toney
        Dotson
T. Marshall
E. Moore
R. Moore

You like Olave and Bell more than I do, Bell a lot more.  I would put Olave below Bateman and Toney. Bell all the way to the bottom.

You are also missing a couple players actually drafted in this range, Eskridge and Atwell, and E Moore was taken right after Bateman. Six picks went in the top 34. I'll give you 0lave, because #34 is about right, but there are only four this year. 

All that said, by your own list last year was clearly better. Chase is a tier alone. Burks, Smith and Waddle are tier #2. The rest are tier #3 and maybe #4. 

J

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

You like Olave and Bell more than I do, Bell a lot more.  I would put Olave below Bateman and Toney. Bell all the way to the bottom.

You are also missing a couple players actually drafted in this range, Eskridge and Atwell, and E Moore was taken right after Bateman. Six picks went in the top 34. I'll give you 0lave, because #34 is about right, but there are only four this year. 

All that said, by your own list last year was clearly better. Chase is a tier alone. Burks, Smith and Waddle are tier #2. The rest are tier #3 and maybe #4. 

J

I didn't have Eskridge or Atwell anywhere near these ranges.    I was just using my own board from last year.    They went early,   but haven't done anything to disprove them being ranked way lower.     I have Bell and Bateman pretty much equal,  they're very similar prospects(they don't really do anything flashy though, so can see why people hate them).    I'm still working through WR's this year,  that's just what I have so far..  There are other guys who I have limited viewing that I like, but haven't seen enough of.    Alex Pierce could very easily move above the Moore brothers.    Same with Devon WIlliams and Erik Ezukanma,   they will need strong showings in the offseason though.        I agree the top isn't as strong,   but for the Chiefs that doesn't matter as much.   I think the Late 1st to Late 3rd is just as strong as other years.        I'm sure some teams will also love Drake London and Jalen Tolbert as well,   not big on them,  but they are rated highly and add to pushing some of the others down.

6 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I didn't have Eskridge or Atwell anywhere near these ranges.    I was just using my own board from last year.    They went early,   but haven't done anything to disprove them being ranked way lower.     I have Bell and Bateman pretty much equal,  they're very similar prospects(they don't really do anything flashy though, so can see why people hate them).    I'm still working through WR's this year,  that's just what I have so far..  There are other guys who I have limited viewing that I like, but haven't seen enough of.    Alex Pierce could very easily move above the Moore brothers.    Same with Devon WIlliams and Erik Ezukanma,   they will need strong showings in the offseason though.        I agree the top isn't as strong,   but for the Chiefs that doesn't matter as much.   I think the Late 1st to Late 3rd is just as strong as other years.        I'm sure some teams will also love Drake London and Jalen Tolbert as well,   not big on them,  but they are rated highly and add to pushing some of the others down.

That's the nature of things. You probably did not expect Elijah Moore to go ahead of Marshall and Toney. Atwell is a ST star who might be a WR at some point. That's about where Tyreek Hill would have gone except for the off-field issues.

In any event, my rough early read had Burks in the top 10 and two more in the first round. Last year Chase ranks above burks and six first round grades. If you take 1st round to mean players expected to have day #1 impact, there are only 12-15 in most drafts. In that sense there were three last year and only one now. when you consider the space QBs were taking up in the 2021 list, it's even worse.

I will give you this much. While last year was clearly much better at the top, the depth is comparable. Since we don't have a top 25 pick, it may be a moot point.

J

• Like 1

• I like this draft. Alas, it has no WR, but no first rd.WR's were available. So I filled in with another glaring need, EDGE.

29. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State; Hot, rising commodity
  •  
    61. Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State; Lead the country in some categories.
  •  
    93. Dare Rosenthal, OT, Kentucky; some nice assets and habits.
  •  
    131. Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa; Tackling machine

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I disagree. J.Johnson is a fine Edge candidate. I really like his scouting report on TDN

I wasn't going to take him over a stud OT and he was long gone by #63. What I mean by zero chance is that I never had anyone, at DT or Edge, who was within the top ten picks available. Sometimes if you run it again, it comes out differently.

Same list, same settings.

31: R1 P31 WR Jameson Williams - Alabama
63: R2 P31 LB Jermaine Johnson - Florida State
95: R3 P31 RB Kyren Williams - Notre Dame
133: R4 P31 CB Keidron Smith - Ole Miss

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I wasn't going to take him over a stud OT and he was long gone by #63. What I mean by zero chance is that I never had anyone, at DT or Edge, who was within the top ten picks available. Sometimes if you run it again, it comes out differently.

Same list, same settings.

31: R1 P31 WR Jameson Williams - Alabama
63: R2 P31 LB Jermaine Johnson - Florida State
95: R3 P31 RB Kyren Williams - Notre Dame
133: R4 P31 CB Keidron Smith - Ole Miss

What service did you use? TDN is mine and Jermaine Johnson is a 1st. rd. talent. Never have seen him fall to into the late 2nd. rd.

Also TDN lists him at EDGE not LB

Edited by mayanfootball

TDN has Trevor Penning well up in the 1st round so no one is perfect.

It was a free list from a fan site. JJ was rated #43 and he slid 20 slots. Florida State does not have the reputation of turning out draft ready players, so he might have gotten dissed a bit, but that is something to consider if you are considering a 1st round pick

The real head turner was the 1st round pick, but no comment on Jameson Williams at #31.

J

Draft for Defense

29. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State; Arguably one of the best FS/SS in the draft
61. Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama; Bam Bam LB from the best program in the country
93. Marcus Jones, CB, Houston; only 5'8" but what an athlete. Also electric KR and PR
131. Isaiah Thomas, EDGE, Oklahoma; 6'5", 267lbs., top recruit in Oklahoma in his class