Jaguars trade CB CJ Henderson to Panthers (The Dan Arnold thread actually tbh)

.Buzz

8 minutes ago, Berries said:

Arnold was really prominent with a few catches off Trevor, good target moving forward 

He flashed in Arizona a lot. Lot of athleticism and going into that time of your career as a TE where you usually start to figure it out.

I’m optimistic 

It’s super early but am I crazy for thinking Arnold is/will bring a bigger impact for the next few years (at least) than Hendo did/will over his next few years?

Unfortunate on that fumble where he didn’t tuck it quick enough but…I really like what I see.

I also noticed him in the run game as a blocker. He’s a big body and looks willing in that area too, which I didn’t exactly expect.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It’s super early but am I crazy for thinking Arnold is/will bring a bigger impact for the next few years (at least) than Hendo did/will over his next few years?

Nah, not crazy. Hendo has the higher ceiling, obviously and has all the physical traits to allow for being an elite CB in the league. But he hasn’t put together the mental and technical aspect at all, and there’s clearly something going on outside of football with him that could cause long term issues for him. Very boom/bust from him, and our history with drafting boom/bust type guys would lead one to believe that we just screwed up the eval.

Arnold seems like a he‘ll be a much more consistent type player. 500-650 yards seems a reasonable goal/expectation for this year and future years. Somewhere in that 8-15 range as a receiving target seems fair. And from the plays he’s had so far, it does seem that it’s less of a “force him the ball because he’s the only guy other than Marvin that we can count on” and more that he’s been open on the routes he’s gotten the ball. We’ll have to see where that goes when hopefully ETN + a #1 WR are added to next year’s group, but it seems like even if that’s the case, he’ll at least be the #4 contributor to the pass game. 

He had a couple fumbles last year and I guess you could cite that as a concern here, but I don’t think that was a fumble on Sunday, and even Titans fans agreed on that. Not too worried until we actually see that.

• Like 1

Not about Arnold, who was a very good addition for Trevor but Trevor looks so comfortable when he rolls out right and has to come back left to avoid pressure. I’m pretty certain it has happened on the Chark 40 yard TD week 1 and that dime to Agnew on the sideline against the Bengals. I bring it up because he does it in that Arnold throw above. Seems like he’s always on the money when that happens.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, pwny said:

Nah, not crazy. Hendo has the higher ceiling, obviously and has all the physical traits to allow for being an elite CB in the league. But he hasn’t put together the mental and technical aspect at all, and there’s clearly something going on outside of football with him that could cause long term issues for him. Very boom/bust from him, and our history with drafting boom/bust type guys would lead one to believe that we just screwed up the eval.

Arnold seems like a he‘ll be a much more consistent type player. 500-650 yards seems a reasonable goal/expectation for this year and future years. Somewhere in that 8-15 range as a receiving target seems fair. And from the plays he’s had so far, it does seem that it’s less of a “force him the ball because he’s the only guy other than Marvin that we can count on” and more that he’s been open on the routes he’s gotten the ball. We’ll have to see where that goes when hopefully ETN + a #1 WR are added to next year’s group, but it seems like even if that’s the case, he’ll at least be the #4 contributor to the pass game. 

He had a couple fumbles last year and I guess you could cite that as a concern here, but I don’t think that was a fumble on Sunday, and even Titans fans agreed on that. Not too worried until we actually see that.

I keep looking at that 14.1 average from last year too. 31 catches so it’s not a massive sample size but as far as TEs go that’s eye popping.

We’ll see if he can keep up (or at least stay in that 11-13 range) while being a more consistent target but think we could finally have a TE1 again. That’d be big if we didn’t go into this off-season still searching (or at least being desperate) for one.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Not about Arnold, who was a very good addition for Trevor but Trevor looks so comfortable when he rolls out right and has to come back left to avoid pressure. I’m pretty certain it has happened on the Chark 40 yard TD week 1 and that dime to Agnew on the sideline against the Bengals. I bring it up because he does it in that Arnold throw above. Seems like he’s always on the money when that happens.

Another one

Other than Trevor, Laviska is my favorite player on the team.  I just love what he can do after the catch.

One question I have is, now that we have Dan Arnold on the roster, can we cross TE off the list of needs going into next year's draft?  Maybe a good blocking TE in the later rounds would be good, but with Arnold on the team, I'd rather see us spend the higher draft picks on other positions.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Other than Trevor, Laviska is my favorite player on the team.  I just love what he can do after the catch.

One question I have is, now that we have Dan Arnold on the roster, can we cross TE off the list of needs going into next year's draft?  Maybe a good blocking TE in the later rounds would be good, but with Arnold on the team, I'd rather see us spend the higher draft picks on other positions.

Farrell and Manhertz are both more than capable blockers. If we draft a TE late, I’d want a pass catcher to replace Hollister

• Like 1