Jaguars trade CB CJ Henderson to Panthers (The Dan Arnold thread actually tbh)

.Buzz

I remember watching Dan Arnold play with the Cardinals last year and thinking, who is this guy? He was making plays for KM and was a good safety outlet. He had the 3rd most receiving yards on the Cardinals last year, but was 5th in total targets. He has a bit of speed, but his vertical is what really wows you. Strong hands and I like this man. I look forward to seeing what he will do here in Duval.

• Like 1

I hate drafting CBs high.  It's such a fools errand.  Even when it works out...it doesn't really work out.

This trade is such garbage.  But it's not even primarily because of anything this current regime did.  It's just the idiocy of drafting a super raw CB like Henderson, over so many of the other desperately needed talents available at other positions of need.  Because they'd managed to drive off the one good pick they'd made, at DB.  Leaving a gaping hole they tried to panic fill.  But that's all on the previous regime.

It's almost hard to fault this current regime for getting so pathetically little for that top pick investment just a year later.  Because honestly...it was a terrible pick.  So...what do you expect?

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I hate drafting CBs high.  It's such a fools errand.  Even when it works out...it doesn't really work out.

This trade is such garbage.  But it's not even primarily because of anything this current regime did.  It's just the idiocy of drafting a super raw CB like Henderson, over so many of the other desperately needed talents available at other positions of need.  Because they'd managed to drive off the one good pick they'd made, at DB.  Leaving a gaping hole they tried to panic fill.  But that's all on the previous regime.

It's almost hard to fault this current regime for getting so pathetically little for that top pick investment just a year later.  Because honestly...it was a terrible pick.  So...what do you expect?

I didn't think he was super raw.  Definitely overdrafted but look at how they all doing.  

I think cb isn't about measurements but how they fit your scheme. Take Sherman for a big example

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I didn't think he was super raw.  Definitely overdrafted but look at how they all doing.  

I think cb isn't about measurements but how they fit your scheme. Take Sherman for a big example

I think he was plenty raw.

But you're right.  The biggest thing with CBs today, is scheme fit.  How their talents match up with what you want/need them to do.

CB is becoming such a wildly scheme dependent position, i can't imagine spending a 1st round pick on one.  Ever.

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

But you're right.  The biggest thing with CBs today, is scheme fit.  How their talents match up with what you want/need them to do.

CB is becoming such a wildly scheme dependent position, i can't imagine spending a 1st round pick on one.  Ever.

Only way I would is if he's a complete stud see Ramsey. 

On 10/1/2021 at 5:02 AM, Tugboat said:

If I'm going to spend first round picks on defense, give me D-linemen over secondary players every single time.  If a quarterback throws an INT, he can analyze what he did wrong on the sideline and just try not to make the same mistake.  If he gets blasted by a pass rusher that outweighs him by 50 pounds, that has a tendency to stay with him for the rest of the game - especially if it happens multiple times.