College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

24 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We didn't get him so now he sucks in full effect I see.

Nope. He's a great college football coach, but he's a crappy person. He has a history of doing this. I don't respect him for it. I'll be rooting against him at UCLA.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nope. He's a great college football coach, but he's a crappy person. He has a history of doing this. I don't respect him for it. I'll be rooting against him at UCLA.

History of doing what? Assessing his options and picking the one that's best for him? He didn't come out and promise y'all he was coming.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

History of doing what? Assessing his options and picking the one that's best for him? He didn't come out and promise y'all he was coming.

He came to us, expressed his interest, and agreed to terms with us. Then, he went and used that to leverage UCLA. It's not the first time he agreed to a contract and backed out. He did the same thing to Tampa Bay and Cleveland. He actually backed out on the Eagles and then changed his mind. I guess we should have been prepared for it. Doesn't change how I feel about the guy. Before we fired McElwain, I thought he was for sure going to UCLA, so I wouldn't have had an issue with him doing that if he hadn't jerked us around.

Mora was 46-30 at UCLA

• Had the #13 class in the nation this year before being fired including #46 DUAL QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson
  • He brought in the #1 and the #22 players in the nation in 2017
  • 1 5* in 2016
  • Josh Roses(#11) and two other 5* came to campus in 2015

If Mora can be mediocre and still bring in that type of talent, imagine what Chip will be able to do.

Seriously, UCLA is a no brainer.

Yea, I've heard of the Rose Bowl being an hour away from the campus with a fanbase that doesn't particularly care about UCLA football.

I am aware of the new facilities. I am also aware that we're building our own. UCLA is a little sister school. I'm not surprised that Chip chose them. But I don't respect the way he handled the process. You're not changing my mind. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yea, I've heard of the Rose Bowl being an hour away from the campus with a fanbase that doesn't particularly care about UCLA football.

I am aware of the new facilities. I am also aware that we're building our own. UCLA is a little sister school. I'm not surprised that Chip chose them. But I don't respect the way he handled the process. You're not changing my mind. 

He was basically one of those recruits everyone hates that is silently committed to multiple schools.

Just now, PAW said:

He was basically one of those recruits everyone hates that is silently committed to multiple schools.

Yep. That's basically it. I'd have had no problem with him choosing UCLA. I fully expected it until he decided to jerk us around. It just reinforced my opinion that he's a weasel. 

Last year, the Rose Bowl packed more fans than any other stadium in the Pac-12.

UCLA averaged 76,650 per game, the highest mark of any team in the conference in 2014, including USC, which saw an average of 73,272 fans make their way to the Coliseum on gamedays.

This fall, as the Bruins went 8-4, their worst regular season finish under fourth-year coach Jim Mora, they saw attendance drop by 13 percent to 66,858 and lost their top spot in the Pac-12.

http://www.ocregister.com/2015/12/18/ucla-falls-from-top-spot-in-pac-12-football-attendance/

The Pac 12 is not the SEC. They arent going to pack 90,000+ stadiums against Mercer, but the fans show up to UCLA games when they are competitive.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

....with a fanbase that doesn't particularly care about UCLA football.

Not sure that's necessarily a bad thing, tbh. There's some wisdom behind deciding not to live life in a fishbowl with a bunch of mouth breathing morons dissecting your every decision. 

Archived