College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If Fisher was given a fair leash with the Rams, given that McVay is clearly just using the team he built and can't actually coach, Fisher would be an NFL CotY candidate. This would be a good hire.

Fisher is terrible. UCLA would solidify USC's stranglehold on LA for another 10 years with a hire like that. 

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fisher is terrible. UCLA would solidify USC's stranglehold on LA for another 10 years with a hire like that. 

I actually am curious about Fisher in college. His brand of crappy football might actually work there. I think he'd recruit incredibly well because of his NFL pedigree and his ability to reach players.

The questions for me are if he can find right college assistants and if he can deal with having to cater to the egos of children.

23 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

LA > Jortsland. 

UF fans have already said he'll take less money since he's being paid by Philly and SF right now. 

Almost anywhere is better than Gainesville. Yet, UF pulls top coaches because it's a top program. UCLA is not. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I actually am curious about Fisher in college. His brand of crappy football might actually work there. I think he'd recruit incredibly well because of his NFL pedigree and his ability to reach players.

The questions for me are if he can find right college assistants and if he can deal with having to cater to the egos of children.

Isn't that what Jim Mora Jr. did though? Came in hot, great assistants, got the program kick started, assistants left as hotter commodities than when they came in, and the program began to slip again....

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Fisher would do fine if it were at a MW or AAC program. But UCLA is a program that has a ton of potential that keeps getting wasted. I think he could build up a program and leave it better off, just not a school that recently flirted with being Power5 conference champion levels of good.  

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Isn't that what Jim Mora Jr. did though? Came in hot, great assistants, got the program kick started, assistants left as hotter commodities than when they came in, and the program began to slip again....

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Fisher would do fine if it were at a MW or AAC program. But UCLA is a program that has a ton of potential that keeps getting wasted. I think he could build up a program and leave it better off, just not a school that recently flirted with being Power5 conference champion levels of good.  

Yea but I have a higher opinion of Fisher than JMJ. And I don't have a particularly high opinion of Fisher, but JMJ is just a terrible coach. I think Fisher can get away with his style in college if he can attract the recruits. That's the question for me. I know Fisher can appeal to NFL guys, but can he appeal to high school kids?

Archived