College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Everyone but you doubts number 2.  Alabama generates more money than Tennessee and the only school who makes more off football than Bama is Texas.  

#3 is too hilarious to even address.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-second-richest-program

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Board/114/Contents/There-are-20-TWENTY-4-stars-in-the-2019-in-state-class-106448309

Men lie.  Women lie.  Numbers don't.

Here is my evidence supporting my statements.  Where is yours?

6 minutes ago, VanS said:

They may include all or only part of broadcasting rights revenue, especially separate conference cable television payouts, depending on bookkeeping procedures at the individual schools.

Breh. Did you even read the article? 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

8. Tennessee is a 2nd tier SEC school, regardless of what you say about it. The facts speak for themselves. Hire a good coach, have some good seasons, and build up. But this "we deserve greatness yesterday" attitude is why people are loving to bash you guys. 

I know college football is all about ****ting on programs outside your own.  And when a program is down for as long as Tennessee, its an easy target.  But once again lets stay with FACTS here.

(1) Tennessee is 2nd all-time in wins among SEC teams (behind Alabama). 

(2) Tennessee is 2nd all-time in SEC Championships among SEC teams (behind Alabama).

(3) Tennessee is 2nd all-time in winning percentage among SEC teams (behind Alabama).

I have no problem if you say Tennessee has been a 2nd tier SEC school the last 10-15 years.  That is FACTUAL.  You're statement however is not.  A simple check of the history books would let you know that.

Just now, VanS said:

I know college football is all about ****ting on programs outside your own.  And when a program is down for as long as Tennessee, its an easy target.  But once again lets stay with FACTS here.

(1) Tennessee is 2nd all-time in wins among SEC teams (behind Alabama). 

(2) Tennessee is 2nd all-time in SEC Championships among SEC teams (behind Alabama).

(3) Tennessee is 2nd all-time in winning percentage among SEC teams (behind Alabama).

I have no problem if you say Tennessee has been a 2nd tier SEC school the last 10-15 years.  That is FACTUAL.  You're statement however is not.  A simple check of the history books would let you know that.

1. Irrelevant

2. Irrelevant

3. Irrelevant

Tennessee is a 2nd teir school. Because you lose, because you've done exactly jack crap nothing, records, history, none of that matters when you're piss average for 15 years. When you can't win your division since 2007, that means you're a second tier program.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Yes.  That's called revenue.

Tennessee is #2 nationally and ahead of Alabama.

It literally says "this is not a full accounting of all revenue". It is not a complete filing of total revenue generated, given that there is no verification beyond the gender equity filings. Moreover, you're not linking the primary source of those findings but a Tennessee blog.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

1. Irrelevant

2. Irrelevant

3. Irrelevant

Tennessee is a 2nd teir school. Because you lose, because you've done exactly jack crap nothing, records, history, none of that matters when you're piss average for 15 years. When you can't win your division since 2007, that means you're a second tier program.

HOW DARE YOU! Tennessee was good before the Super Bowl was invented. They're not a second tier program. They had a good run in the 90s.

4 minutes ago, VanS said:

Money....when Texas is beating you guys in that and their program is a mess shows how far that goes. Ole Miss has more revenue than San Diego State and Houston COMBINED. Congrats, there are more Ole Miss fanboys buying visors and coozies? Means little. This isn't a situation of "pay them and they will come" with coaches. Sure, Tennessee could pay them a bit more than some other programs, but unless it is significantly more than other schools with good revenue can pony up, who would want the headache? 

And how many of those 'cruits are going to go to UT? There are better programs around ya know? California has 43 4* recruits for that same cycle. I'd bet 1/2 leave the state. Being located in a talent rich state doesn't assure any success......

Also, if you follow the link to the blatantly Tennessee fan site and then follow THAT link to the recruiting website, there are only 19 4*'s in Tennessee, not 20. May wanna fix that kind of thing if you're claiming evidence. I know, it wasn't created by you, but you'll get eaten alive for minor discrepancies like that. 

Archived