College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Jeremy Pruitt has some history at FSU. That'd be my guess. 

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

I wonder if FSU themselves even has a legit list. Gotta figure they assumed Jimbo was a lifer. Know there was LSU talk last year but figured that was just for him to get a raise. Wonder if he's using this A&M stuff to jump from "just top 5" highest paid to #1 highest paid coach.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

You keep passing over the big money like it's not the most important thing in college athletics.

Yes the average fans can make a dent in revenue if there were a mass revolt but this is the same fan base that gave retards like Butch Jones and Derek Dooley 100,000+ butts in the seats. Hell we put 95k+ in the seats to watch Brady Hoke lead this sad sack of a team against LSU.

Schiano would have come here, done random **** in the community to make it look like he's not a complete piece of garbage for a human being and fans would have largely been behind him.

It's the millions of dollars being pulled by boosters/players/etc immediately after hiring him that matter.

And what has the big money gotten Tennessee lately? 

I'm not saying it isn't important. But the most important thing in college athletics is wins and losses. 

The fans didn't want Schiano. Tennessee pulled back. You said it's foolish to think the fan base had anything to do with Schiano not getting hired. That simply isn't true. 

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

I wonder if FSU themselves even has a legit list. Gotta figure they assumed Jimbo was a lifer. Know there was LSU talk last year but figured that was just for him to get a raise. Wonder if he's using this A&M stuff to jump from "just top 5" highest paid to #1 highest paid coach.

I doubt they have a list yet. Jimbo's used leverage to his advantage in the past, but I keep reading about various "internal" displeasure. Part of me wonders if Jimbo isn't just jumping from a sinking ship early.....

46 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

All 3 of these options are way better than Schiano. Way to go UT fans.

Hard disagree. Doeren? Tennessee fans ripping into Schiano for making Rutgers (!?!) into a consistent 8 win team, while Doeren has never won more than 8 games at a far superior program in NC State. Brohm is maybe equal, I think Schiano could have put together an elite staff. 

Obviously Gundy is a better option, doubt he leaves Okie State though. 

22 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

How so? Texas last year was much better, Oklahoma at the beginning of the year (if you count it, was always going to Riley), and UCLA this year is arguably better.

Disagree. Texas is a great job and arguably better but I think OU and UCLA are a step down from FSU. UCLA is a huge step down IMO

1 hour ago, RuralBill said:
1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

If Jimbo leaves FSU for A&M, who gets the FSU job?

That immediately becomes the most desirable job that opened up in quite some time.

How so? Texas last year was much better, Oklahoma at the beginning of the year (if you count it, was always going to Riley), and UCLA this year is arguably better.

A team like UCLA ain't competing for the national title.

36 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

If Texas a&m is capable of snaking your HC, can it really be that good of a job?

It's not the quality of the job. There's a sense of fatigue that has set in. Sometimes a change like this would be good for all sides.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

If Oregon could compete for a national title, UCLA certainly can.

Oregon peaked under Chip Kelly and have been irrelevant since. At FSU you'll compete every year. There's access to too much elite talent at a school like FSU, which is partly why Jimbo is under fire for the under-performance. Programs like Oregon and UCLA need to capture lightning in a bottle to be relevant.

Archived