College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Was fairly certain this was all Sumlin. Would be interested to see where he goes if this ends up happening.

Sumlin has some crazy buyout that he is owed his full 10 mil(?) after 60 days, but if he takes a job before then, he gets nothing, or something close to that. 

2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Sumlin has some crazy buyout that he is owed his full 10 mil(?) after 60 days, but if he takes a job before then, he gets nothing, or something close to that. 

I don't believe this is true. From what I know, there's no offset language or anything of the sort.

3 hours ago, Phire said:

Cali has great talent but a school like UCLA will be competing with other top dogs in the state. It's not just about FSU being in Florida. FSU has dominated recruitment in the state of Florida and has been pulling talent out of Georgia, Texas (Marvin Wilson), Alabama (Jameis), and elsewhere (Cam Akers). There's a lot of work that Chip will have to do at UCLA and it's not a given. Whereas a competent coach could waltz into Tallahassee and instantly have a roster full of top recruits from around the nation. I don't see how UCLA is a more desirable job than FSU at all. 

Yeah but if Kelly brings UCLA back, they will be one of the top dawgs. Kelly will be able to recruit better at UCLA than at Oregon IMO. 

At the moment FSU is the more desirable job because fisher built that program up pretty damn good specially helped with how bad Florida and Miami has been. If both schools are running on all cylinders it would be close IMO. Kelly could bring UCLA back to the National spot light. He built some great teams at Oregon. I think he could build better at UCLA. He has a good starting point with UCLA having one of the best dual threat QBs already committed. 

I also understand just because they hire a great coach doesn’t mean they will return to dominance. Michigan is current the perfect example of that 

Archived