College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

In other words, Tennessee got impatient and ran the guy off. If every school fired a guy after the first 8 loss season in school history, lord knows where some guys would be. 

That only makes Tennessee even less attractive. Butch lost 6. Interim lost the other 2... 

Trending up 3 years, down a 4th. Yep, lets can the guy. 

I won't deny you that Butch Jones would probably have never led Tennessee to a National Championship. Nor am I saying Schiano would have. But canning one average coach after one bad season and revolting against a better average coach says a lot as to why Tennessee is now going after option numbers 5, 6, 7, so on so forth yet again. It appears impossible to please Tennessee realistically. 

You could argue Butch Jones was in over his head, I never considered that type of guy that could go to a big program like UT and be successful.

3 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

Word is that Tennessee is close to a contract with Purdue HC Jeff Brohm. 

As a Nebraska fan, this would make me happy. Brohm way over performed at Purdue last year and certainly has them going in the right direction. Sad that I'm considering Purdue as being legitimate competition but here we are. Would be a good hire for Tennessee 

Archived