College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That would be a good hire

Taggart has substantial ties to the state of Florida, particularly in the Tampa area where FSU has been sort of shut out from in recruiting. There are even reports that he grew up a FSU fan, and given Oregon is trying to dump money in his lap, this seems likely, but who knows, can't say for sure until it happens.

FSU also considering Fuente.

7 minutes ago, Phire said:

The move isn't about the quality of the job.

I still wouldn't leave.  A&M has way much comp to get to the title game than he would at FSU.  As long as Saban is at Bama they running the SEC.  All he has to do at FSU is beat Clemson. (I didn't mention Miami on purpose.  I don't trust Rict).

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I still wouldn't leave.  A&M has way much comp to get to the title game than he would at FSU.  As long as Saban is at Bama they running the SEC.  All he has to do at FSU is beat Clemson. (I didn't mention Miami on purpose.  I don't trust Rict).

I get what you're saying, but the problems are beyond football or the quality of the job. It's about the strained relationships (and many other things). Jimbo does this thing where he flirts with other programs every year (see LSU last year) and that forces FSU to make concessions in order to please him. No matter what FSU does, including building dorms, indoor practice facilities, renovating the stadium, throwing millions of dollars, including making it literally impossible to fire Jimbo... he always comes back the next offseason and flirts with the idea of bolting to somewher else. The boosters and the administration (and quite frankly, the fans) are getting sick of this act. He's gone too far at this point and can't walk it back.

This is the same coach, mind you, who after getting blown out by Boston College (it wasn't even competitive) was talking the next day about how FSU needs a standalone football facility. The damn facilities aren't why we got blown out by Boston College lol.

Both sides will benefit from starting fresh at this point.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Didn't he just sign an extension with Oregon?

He was offered an extension, I don't think he accepted it. The reason for the offer, and the hesitation, ostensibly, is the FSU situation. Apparently Taggart really wants the job, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

How come Vols wont go after Mike Norvell?

You're asking why the AD who tried to hire Greg Schiano before Mike Gundy isn't going after good HC options?

Hell Les Miles is interested in the job and we're trying to hire some idiot from NC State who took one of the most talented teams NC State has ever had and went 8-4 with it.

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I wanted him at Houston last year.  Crazy part is that he was actually interested.  Stupid AD and Tilman Fertita.  Miles would be a nice get for the Vols.

Over thinking and being cute. Will probably cost AD his job is my guess. Miles should have been the first guy he talked to. 

Archived