College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Maybe that turns out true, but there isn't much difference in being terrible and average to me, cause both results will get you fired from any university worth a damn.

And hell there's apparently a guy out there who has won big in the SEC before that wants the job but we don't want to give it to him anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which makes you wonder if the report is true.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm acting like Schiano will likely end up being the best coach you could have gotten. I guess we'll find out.

yeah no one is acting like Schiano is the best potential HC in the nation. He will just be the best and most realistic HC UT could of pulled and they screwed up. UT has screwed themselves. They will have to drastically over pay for a HC or give out a very cheap buy out so the new coach could leave when ever they want. 

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I have no doubt it's true. Mike Gundy was seriously interested in the job and yet he was like the 5th guy we offered it to. Tells me enough about our coaching search.

I heard reports that Gundy played the position to help get the current AD removed from OkSt. So he can get an AD there that will work with him more

Just now, buno67 said:

I heard reports that Gundy played the position to help get the current AD removed from OkSt. So he can get an AD there that will work with him more

Reports from both Vol media and OK State media claimed he was seriously considering taking the UT job. OK State being home won out it seems though. Not sure on the AD stuff, haven't read much on that but I pretty much stopped reading anything about Gundy after it was confirmed he turned us down.

In regards to your post on Schiano I've been over it 1,000 times in this thread and don't honestly care to go over it again. You can read my thoughts on him and the state of UT's athletic department in like the last 10-15 pages of this thread.

Archived