College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Still far better than Schiano/Doeren.

I don’t know about far better than Schiano. Dude actually wanted to be there and accepted it before he got forced out.

i see schiano being better at building a program over Sumlin. Also see Schiano having the ability to be able to put together a top tier defense. 

This crap should hurt for a year or two. Gonna Hurt the recruiting this year IMO and it gave the AD a lot of slack in the rope to hang himself. If there is a bad year next year he could be fired. New AD comes in and he might want to hire his own coach instead of sticking with the 8th/9th option selected this year

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know about far better than Schiano. Dude actually wanted to be there and accepted it before he got forced out.

i see schiano being better at building a program over Sumlin. Also see Schiano having the ability to be able to put together a top tier defense. 

This crap should hurt for a year or two. Gonna Hurt the recruiting this year IMO and it gave the AD a lot of slack in the rope to hang himself. If there is a bad year next year he could be fired. New AD comes in and he might want to hire his own coach instead of sticking with the 8th/9th option selected this year

It was gonna hurt for years regardless of whether the Schiano hire went through or not. Any AD who seriously considers a guy like Greg Schiano over Mike Gundy, Mike Leach, Les Miles, Jeff Brohm, etc is clearly incompetent as can possibly be. Or maybe I'm being a little too harsh on Currie because Haslam is the guy who really pushed Schiano, but Currie was a limp **** AD/has no backbone and just gave in to it.

Either way, UT is a gigantic dumpster fire and will be until competent administration gets put in place.

I know now why Fulmer wasn't hired as AD. Fulmer wouldn't have been controlled by Haslam/any booster like this.

My only sliver of hope right now is Currie kicked out and Fulmer does take over as AD, but again since he has a backbone, he'd probably never get the job.

32 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Any AD who seriously considers a guy like Greg Schiano over Mike Gundy, Mike Leach, Les Miles, Jeff Brohm, etc is clearly incompetent as can possibly be.

I wouldn’t call it incompetent. 

You look at Schiano. He is the only coach truly connected to a bunch of top tier recruits that could be swayed from tOSU to UT because of Schiano. Hell when rumors came he was leaving a couple of long time commits were thinking about decommmitting. 

Also the AD knew how to shoot his wad when Schiano accepted the offer and one coach just choose to staff at Purdue.

gundy was never going to leave OKSt. Leach to me is built for the PAC12. The SEC would abuse the hell out of his passing attack. 

I honestly think Schiano was the smartest pick. He has NJ/NY area connections, great defensive coach, something UT needs, has pull with current recruits. 

It seemed like the AD knew what he was doing but for someone reason a Group of ppl overreacted and got too butt hurt 

Just now, buno67 said:

I wouldn’t call it incompetent. 

You look at Schiano. He is the only coach truly connected to a bunch of top tier recruits that could be swayed from tOSU to UT because of Schiano. Hell when rumors came he was leaving a couple of long time commits were thinking about decommmitting. 

Also the AD knew how to shoot his wad when Schiano accepted the offer and one coach just choose to staff at Purdue.

gundy was never going to leave OKSt. Leach to me is built for the PAC12. The SEC would abuse the hell out of his passing attack. 

I honestly think Schiano was the smartest pick. He has NJ/NY area connections, great defensive coach, something UT needs, has pull with current recruits. 

It seemed like the AD knew what he was doing but for someone reason a Group of ppl overreacted and got too butt hurt 

Schiano has already coached many years at both the college and NFL level. We know what we're getting. 5 years of watching a recruiter try to be head coach in Butch Jones was enough for me. I have no interest in dealing with yet another mediocre at best head coach who is also a piece of **** human being(whether the PSU stuff is true or not, this aspect still holds true).

54 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Schiano has already coached many years at both the college and NFL level. We know what we're getting. 5 years of watching a recruiter try to be head coach in Butch Jones was enough for me. I have no interest in dealing with yet another mediocre at best head coach who is also a piece of **** human being(whether the PSU stuff is true or not, this aspect still holds true).

You're going to have to excuse us if we don't believe that you do know what you're getting.

Just now, jrry32 said:

You're going to have to excuse us if we don't believe that you do know what you're getting.

I've never seen a bigger slobber fest for such a mediocre coach from a select few.

But you guys can keep slobbering on him all you want for all I care, he's not coming here and that's all that matters.

Apparently now Currie can't be reached. Boosters can't reach him, his #2 in the AD can't reach him, and his assistants can't reach him. Another source is citing he's been pulled from the coaching search.

Time to just move Fulmer to AD and or interim HC and call it a dead year and start over next year.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I've never seen a bigger slobber fest for such a mediocre coach from a select few.

But you guys can keep slobbering on him all you want for all I care, he's not coming here and that's all that matters.

Apparently now Currie can't be reached. Boosters can't reach him, his #2 in the AD can't reach him, and his assistants can't reach him. Another source is citing he's been pulled from the coaching search.

Time to just move Fulmer to AD and or interim HC and call it a dead year and start over next year.

By your logic, FSU is about to hire a mediocre coach that Oregon already hired.

We know he's not going to Tennessee. We're laughing at that because your fanbase screwed over your program by being petulant children. Your job is considered toxic now. The best you can hope for now is that you can luck into a top coordinator who becomes a top coach (because your school doesn't seem to want Les Miles for whatever reason).

Just now, jrry32 said:

By your logic, FSU is about to hire a mediocre coach that Oregon already hired.

We know he's not going to Tennessee. We're laughing at that because your fanbase screwed over your program by being petulant children. Your job is considered toxic now. The best you can hope for now is that you can luck into a top coordinator who becomes a top coach (because your school doesn't seem to want Les Miles for whatever reason).

I've done no research on Taggart so not gonna bother commenting, but what FSU does is of no concern to me.

You act like the university missed out on hiring Nick Saban. Greg Schiano was Currie's like 4th choice, if that high. And no other university of note(or hell, any university period) that I'm aware of came knocking for Schiano's services. Acting like we've lost out on some huge get is hilarious and needs to stop.

Our program being "toxic" is entirely irrelevant. It's been a dumpster fire for years as I went over with you and Schiano coming here would have done nothing to change that. And yes, for whatever reason our administration doesn't want Les Miles. Maybe now you're starting to see just how incompetent this administration is, trying to hire people like Doeren when Miles is available and willing to come here.

And let's assume you're correct. Even if Schiano was a good football coach here, that's not going to save this university. The problems lie much deeper in the athletics department and a particular booster who has also somehow made the Browns an even ****tier franchise than what they were before he bought them, and I wasn't even aware there was a bar lower than what the BRowns had set before him.

A purge of the athletic department needs to occur. Someone who actually gives a **** about Tennessee needs to be the person in charge of Tennessee. Such a man exists, but he'll never get the job so long as Haslam keeps getting his way. Hell we could have had Blackburn over Currie but I assure you Haslam blocked that too. He won't have anyone he can't control in charge of this program.

And given I don't know of a booster for this university with more power or money than Haslam, my only hope is the government takes Haslam down due to his Flying J corruption. It will be truly a blessed day in both Knoxville and Cleveland if that does happen.

10 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I've done no research on Taggart so not gonna bother commenting, but what FSU does is of no concern to me.

You act like the university missed out on hiring Nick Saban. Greg Schiano was Currie's like 4th choice, if that high. And no other university of note(or hell, any university period) that I'm aware of came knocking for Schiano's services. Acting like we've lost out on some huge get is hilarious and needs to stop.

Our program being "toxic" is entirely irrelevant. It's been a dumpster fire for years as I went over with you and Schiano coming here would have done nothing to change that. And yes, for whatever reason our administration doesn't want Les Miles. Maybe now you're starting to see just how incompetent this administration is, trying to hire people like Doeren when Miles is available and willing to come here.

And let's assume you're correct. Even if Schiano was a good football coach here, that's not going to save this university. The problems lie much deeper in the athletics department and a particular booster who has also somehow made the Browns an even ****tier franchise than what they were before he bought them, and I wasn't even aware there was a bar lower than what the BRowns had set before him.

A purge of the athletic department needs to occur. Someone who actually gives a **** about Tennessee needs to be the person in charge of Tennessee. Such a man exists, but he'll never get the job so long as Haslam keeps getting his way. Hell we could have had Blackburn over Currie but I assure you Haslam blocked that too. He won't have anyone he can't control in charge of this program.

And given I don't know of a booster for this university with more power or money than Haslam, my only hope is the government takes Haslam down due to his Flying J corruption. It will be truly a blessed day in both Knoxville and Cleveland if that does happen.

I'm acting like Schiano will likely end up being the best coach you could have gotten. I guess we'll find out.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'm acting like Schiano will likely end up being the best coach you could have gotten. I guess we'll find out.

Maybe that turns out true, but there isn't much difference in being terrible and average to me, cause both results will get you fired from any university worth a damn.

And hell there's apparently a guy out there who has won big in the SEC before that wants the job but we don't want to give it to him anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

difference was Butch Davis road the coat tails of Brian Kelly, Schiano actually accomplished  turning a sorry program like rutgers into a good program for a few years. Sounds like exactly what UT needs. Jones might of been just a recruiter but Schiano actually showed he could do both. He is a POS human being whether the PSU stuff is true or not? So we have a true POS trying to deflect a bunch of blame that has not been proved true to make himself better but yet Schiano is still the POS. 

Its just funny that UT thinks they are going to get some great coach who is going to be there for 10years and make UT an elite level program...

You say you have no interest in mediocre at best head coach, right now UT is going to be lucky to get a mediocre at best head coach. Hell some of the best mediocre head coaches are turning down UT. Hell you cant even use the UT job to get a pay raise cause no other p5 program is afraid to lose their HC to UT

Archived