College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

Anyone who thinks the fan base really mattered in Greg Schiano not getting hired is being pretty foolish. Schiano wasn't hired because boosters, representatives/lawmakers and former players came out and said they wouldn't support it and or their money would start going elsewhere. Currie couldn't care less what the fans think. He certainly does care about the money though.

5 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Would Gundy leave OSU? I know he and T Boone Pickens don't really get along

From what I've read, we're offering him an "insane amount of money" to come here, I've seen 8+ million per year rumored.

He'd be doubling his salary here, more or less.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Anyone who thinks the fan base really mattered in Greg Schiano not getting hired is being pretty foolish. Schiano wasn't hired because boosters, representatives/lawmakers and former players came out and said they wouldn't support it and or their money would start going elsewhere. Currie couldn't care less what the fans think. He certainly does care about the money though.

Because boosters, representatives/lawmakers, and former players aren't part of the fan base right?

Boosters are fans, plain and simple.

Representatives/lawmakers are beholden to voters (see: fans). 

Former players are fans of their team.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Because boosters, representatives/lawmakers, and former players aren't part of the fan base right?

Boosters are fans, plain and simple.

Representatives/lawmakers are beholden to voters (see: fans). 

Former players are fans of their team.

If you think there isn't a gigantic difference in your average fan and those groups of people I'm not really sure what to tell you.

4 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

If Jimbo leaves FSU for A&M, who gets the FSU job?

That immediately becomes the most desirable job that opened up in quite some time.

Charlie Strong? Not sure if they'd wanna go for a guy that failed at one P5 school but he's still a hot name.

If Frost hasn't packed his bags for Nebraska yet I guess he's still on the table.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

If you think there isn't a gigantic difference in your average fan and those groups of people I'm not really sure what to tell you.

which group? 

Boosters? They're fans with $$$. Only difference. 

Reps/Lawmakers? No need to explain that one. If you think they aren't aware that they are beholden to fans (voters), I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Former players? Again, fans. Same as alumni really. 

Point is, they are part of the collective "fan base". 

And it doesn't really matter how much booster money, former player support, and support from representatives/lawmakers they get if everyday Joe fans are angry enough to not show up or buy stuff. Don't sell an "average fan" base short when it's the size of Tennessee is all I'm saying. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

which group? 

Boosters? They're fans with $$$. Only difference. 

Reps/Lawmakers? No need to explain that one. If you think they aren't aware that they are beholden to fans (voters), I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Former players? Again, fans. Same as alumni really. 

Point is, they are part of the collective "fan base". 

And it doesn't really matter how much booster money, former player support, and support from representatives/lawmakers they get if everyday Joe fans are angry enough to not show up or buy stuff. Don't sell an "average fan" base short when it's the size of Tennessee is all I'm saying. 

You keep passing over the big money like it's not the most important thing in college athletics.

Yes the average fans can make a dent in revenue if there were a mass revolt but this is the same fan base that gave retards like Butch Jones and Derek Dooley 100,000+ butts in the seats. Hell we put 95k+ in the seats to watch Brady Hoke lead this sad sack of a team against LSU.

Schiano would have come here, done random **** in the community to make it look like he's not a complete piece of garbage for a human being and fans would have largely been behind him.

It's the millions of dollars being pulled by boosters/players/etc immediately after hiring him that matter.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Charlie Strong? Not sure if they'd wanna go for a guy that failed at one P5 school but he's still a hot name.

If Frost hasn't packed his bags for Nebraska yet I guess he's still on the table.

Jeremy Pruitt has some history at FSU. That'd be my guess. 

13 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

If Jimbo leaves FSU for A&M, who gets the FSU job?

That immediately becomes the most desirable job that opened up in quite some time.

How so? Texas last year was much better, Oklahoma at the beginning of the year (if you count it, was always going to Riley), and UCLA this year is arguably better.

Archived