College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

Is there any chance that Gus actually leaves Auburn for Arkansas?

If that happens, you have two top programs with jobs open: Florida State and Auburn. 

And those jobs would get settled before Tennessee making the situation for Tennessee even funnier.

5 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Is there any chance that Gus actually leaves Auburn for Arkansas?

If that happens, you have two top programs with jobs open: Florida State and Auburn. 

And those jobs would get settled before Tennessee making the situation for Tennessee even funnier.

Absolutely. If Arkansas shows him money that Auburn is not willing to match, I bet he is gone, and Arkansas is desperate so I think these 7 years for $50-60M numbers being thrown around are probably accurate. Think Auburn would be foolish not to match whatever Arkansas throws at him, they can afford it.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Absolutely. If Arkansas shows him money that Auburn is not willing to match, I bet he is gone, and Arkansas is desperate so I think these 7 years for $50-60M numbers being thrown around are probably accurate. Think Auburn would be foolish not to match whatever Arkansas throws at him, they can afford it.

Interesting. This has been the most entertaining college coaching change year that I can remember. But that's mostly because of Vols fans

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

1461700997591.gif

Cute. Let me know what you disagree with and try and argue your side.

people are mad because we finally got a coach worth a damn. All people want to care about in CFB is their team and whoever the top 5 name brand teams are at the time. It drives people insane that we got Jimbo. People just can't handle it.

11 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

Jimbo. Best hire of this cycle. Best coach once Sagan retires, along with maybe Dabo. Best team in a couple years. Best potential for any team in Texas by a long shot.

2 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

Cute. Let me know what you disagree with and try and argue your side.

people are mad because we finally got a coach worth a damn. All people want to care about in CFB is their team and whoever the top 5 name brand teams are at the time. It drives people insane that we got Jimbo. People just can't handle it.

Ok. Let's do it then, Aggie.

1) "Best hire of the cycle."

A&M gave Jimbo Fisher, a coach who is 25-12 in his past 3 seasons, the largest contract in college football history. It's a fully guaranteed 10 year contract worth 75 million dollars. That's a stupid contract to give anyone. 

Scott Frost to Nebraska is arguably a better hire as he's probably the hottest name in coaching this year. 

And what about Chip Kelly to UCLA?

2) "Best coach once Saban retires along with Dabo."

Dabo has been a much better coach than Jimbo. If you look at the overall body of work, this isn't a point that can be argued. Urban Meyer has been better than Jimbo. Jim Harbaugh is in a similar tier to Jimbo. Chip Kelly has been a better college coach than Jimbo.

3) "Best team in a couple years."

Prove that this will be true. Give me concrete proof.

4) "Best potential for any team in Texas by a long shot."

Explain why Jimbo at Texas A&M has more potential than Tom Herman at Texas. And give concrete proof.

Archived