Week 7: Lions @ Rams: Goff Reunion

rocky_rams

My first half thoughts is that the Lions pulled out all the stops early bc they knew they had to in order to even have a shot to compete in this game. The defense doesnt worry me bc yes Swift had that one long TD run where they caught the Rams on the perfect play. It happens. Since that one TD the Rams have made the Lions settle for FGs. Im still waiting for that turnover or two that Goff will have. Either a pick 6 or a sack fumble. 

One offense the Rams have looked sharp. I believe they only punted once if that. I want to see the running game really get cooking. Cant complain though about this offense bc they are moving up and down the field. The only nitpick is turning that one drive they had to settle for a FG into TD.

In general though I want to see in the second half the Rams get off to a fast start by putting points on the board then making a stop on defense to get the ball back and score more points. Lets start to pull away and put this tough and hard fighting Lions team to bed.  

This game summed up both Goff and Stafford. Goff did enough to help keep his team competitive but didnt do enough to help his team win. Stafford was just flat out amazing. Im not going to sit here and say if Goff was the Rams QB and fell down 0-10 to a winless team would he have did what Stafford did today which was carry the team bc there was no running game and special teams was awful outside of Gay. All I know is this is why the Rams got Stafford. Nothing phases the guy. And lets start to recognize Kupp as the best receiver in the NFL. Yes I said it. He is the best receiver in the NFL. He was underrated with Goff but now with the elite talent that Stafford is Kupp has become essentially what Adams is with ARod. Adams is a really good receiver but having ARod takes Adams to being at the top of the list of best receivers. Well now add Kupp to that list. 

Great win by the Rams today. Ramsey got the big int and his trade keeps looking better and better for us. When you have Donald and him on defense I feel confident they will close the game on that side of the ball in the 4th quarter. Now we have Stafford he will help deliver the goods on offense. So this Rams team is scary especially knowing that I dont think they played their absolute best game yet. I know people want to say the Giants but that game started off no good in the 1st quarter. So wait till the Rams play four quarters of great football. I know they are capable of that. Again this team is scary. 

• Like 2

That was one of those games that was too ugly but you're glad you won. A lot that needs to be fixed not the least of which is our continued terrible 1st quarter performances. Hope Rochelle is ok and are we ever going to get something out of our first pick? Nothing in the return game where we were told he would be a big factor and does he even get offensive snaps?

• Like 1

3 stolen possessions and still scored 28. It was a very weird game and the Lions did all they could and didn’t look like an 0-7 team. I’m happy Goff had a decent day but didn’t embarrass us. It was nice to see them hug it out after the game. My biggest takeaway is that the special teams is going to lose us a close game if they don’t figure It out. Our kick return team is embarrassing. 

As for the defense.. I know some of you are frustrated. I don’t think this game was a fair game to judge. After stops on 3rd they had to keep running back out after the fakes. Had a big stop on 4th and forced a turnover at the end. It was a weird day. I’m not saying they don’t have things to fix ASAP but I think they played better than what we saw. 

Stafford to Kupp is unbelievable..