Eagles trade Flacco to the Jets

TheRealMcCoy

This trade is really difficult to believe. Last season I had a system wager on Jets at Miami. It was +9 or something like that. And all the system angles were productive last season, especially the road underdogs because road teams in general had such a terrific year.

Then I get stuck with Joe Flacco. No energy whatsoever. He missed what could have been a deep touchdown early in the game then essentially snoozed through the remainder. The Dolphins aren't supposed to cover a number like that but it was a cruise ship with Joe Flacco as opposing quarterback. He had barely over 4 yards per attempt, if I remember correctly. 

I always liked the guy. He won a ton of bets for me. Flacco and the Ravens came through as astonishing percentage of the time when the situational angles pointed to their side. But as of 2020 he was a shot quarterback and I didn't have to ask why Elway ended the salvage job so quickly.

I remember thinking well at least he'll be out of the league and I won't get stuck with another hopeless wager. But the same system will spit out the same play if Miami is -6 or greater hosting the Jets.  

Underrated aspect of this trade is that Flaco is familiar with the franchise and their holdover players and is also familiar with the playbook as LeFluer runs the same offense Flaccy was using in Denver. If you are going to get a QB to likely start multiple games for you mid season, hard to beat a guy with that level of familiarity coming in, especially when you have other big name QBs hurt in Russ and Baker.