Week 8 GDT Eagles @ Lions: Srianni's knee caps are in danger.

BugzBunny101

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

The only completions beyond 5 yards were all basically to the same spot. This game is not a good look for Hurts.

It's a real shame that Hurts is not panning out how we'd like him to. The whole city was basically rooting for him to succeed. He is everything we'd want out of a QB off the field. On the field he definitely looks like a rookie that can't settle down. I hope Jalen can show something in the coming weeks as well as hoping Sirianni will begin to play complimentary football.

There is no question our front office wants a pass first offense just like every single successful offense in the NFL... but blaming them for Sirianni refusing to run in the first 5-6 weeks is just not right. Our HC has never called plays before and it showed, but that isn't Howie or Lurie's fault. I am all for blaming Howie for anything we possibly can but our lack of run game early in the season just isn't one of them.

We ran the ball like crazy vs the Lions. If we can just keep it 60/40 pass vs run going forward I think our offense will be so improved. Our OL will settle in to games better and we can control the clock much better. We aren't going to be a good team, but we definitely will be in more games.

Hurts just isn't the guy. He is so incredibly flawed as a passer and the warts show more and more every week. We need to find a better option this offseason because it is very obvious the offense is on training wheels when we are forced to throw. Everything is either an RPO or a one/two read play and if it isn't wide open you can expect Hurts to bail out the right and throw the ball away. He has to be replaced this offseason. Take a shot on anyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

There is no question our front office wants a pass first offense just like every single successful offense in the NFL... but blaming them for Sirianni refusing to run in the first 5-6 weeks is just not right. Our HC has never called plays before and it showed, but that isn't Howie or Lurie's fault. I am all for blaming Howie for anything we possibly can but our lack of run game early in the season just isn't one of them.

We ran the ball like crazy vs the Lions. If we can just keep it 60/40 pass vs run going forward I think our offense will be so improved. Our OL will settle in to games better and we can control the clock much better. We aren't going to be a good team, but we definitely will be in more games.

Hurts just isn't the guy. He is so incredibly flawed as a passer and the warts show more and more every week. We need to find a better option this offseason because it is very obvious the offense is on training wheels when we are forced to throw. Everything is either an RPO or a one/two read play and if it isn't wide open you can expect Hurts to bail out the right and throw the ball away. He has to be replaced this offseason. Take a shot on anyone else.

I feel that Hurts has regressed big time as a passer. I don't think he was this bad last year and early this season.

• Like 1