Post Game Thoughts. Cowboys.

cconocool

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I was hesitant to say anything in this forum until now, but now that CeeDee has confirmed it - what is yalls response to Harrison Smith choking him on the sideline? Thats straight felony assault, though obviously nothing will happen from a legal perspective. 

If true he shouldn't be playing.

Not what our team should represent.

3 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

If true he shouldn't be playing.

Not what our team should represent.

Seems very uncharacteristic of Smith, doesn’t sound like something he’d deliberately do. Don’t recall many intentionally dirty incidents outside of some occasional head shots, which is inevitably part of football. Wouldn’t call Smith a head hunter either. Now if Smith was pulling on a helmet on his way down on the sideline, is that deliberate choking? I didn’t see the play in question but I have a hard time believing a felony occurred in front of all the refs and staff along the sidelines without someone stepping in. 

It was a rough tackle going out of bounds and he kept his left hand/arm around the neck and continued pulling on him well out of bounds, definitely not a clean play. Felony verbiage is just a way to get a rise out of folks. A normal tackle off of the football field is felony assault anywhere else. 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems very uncharacteristic of Smith, doesn’t sound like something he’d deliberately do. Don’t recall many intentionally dirty incidents outside of some occasional head shots, which is inevitably part of football. Wouldn’t call Smith a head hunter either. Now if Smith was pulling on a helmet on his way down on the sideline, is that deliberate choking? I didn’t see the play in question but I have a hard time believing a felony occurred in front of all the refs and staff along the sidelines without someone stepping in. 

Its in the video I linked. He has him in a choke hold arm bar on the sideline. You can see CD freak out like "wtf is happening, save me refs".. Then the Cowboys sideline gets up and Smith lets him go.

It wasnt an accident. It was a full on felony assault choke. 

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

It was a rough tackle going out of bounds and he kept his left hand/arm around the neck and continued pulling on him well out of bounds, definitely not a clean play. Felony verbiage is just a way to get a rise out of folks. A normal tackle off of the football field is felony assault anywhere else. 

I mean - a tackle is a tackle. But choking someone, at least by Texas state law, bumps any assault from a misdemeanor to a felony. I cant speak for MN state laws, obviously.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean - a tackle is a tackle. But choking someone, at least by Texas state law, bumps any assault from a misdemeanor to a felony. I cant speak for MN state laws, obviously.

nonsense. there's much worse that happens on a football field every. single. game. I know it's fun sometimes to give another fanbase the business. Don't pretend like this though... it looks very silly.

I’d imagine if this was real, the Cowboys will be documenting it and making a case to the NFL to investigate. And at that point Smith should be punished, whether that be a suspension or criminally. If the Cowboys don’t bother appealIng to the league office, then I’ll assume it wasn’t what it may have looked like. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Its in the video I linked. He has him in a choke hold arm bar on the sideline. You can see CD freak out like "wtf is happening, save me refs".. Then the Cowboys sideline gets up and Smith lets him go.

It wasnt an accident. It was a full on felony assault choke. 

Lol. No. No it wasn’t. 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d imagine if this was real, the Cowboys will be documenting it and making a case to the NFL to investigate. And at that point Smith should be punished, whether that be a suspension or criminally. If the Cowboys don’t bother appealIng to the league office, then I’ll assume it wasn’t what it may have looked like. 

That virtually never happens, even for egregious hits. Hell, our safety, Javon Kerse went and found Engram after the Giants game and punched him in the face. In the hallways walking to the lockerroom. After the game was over. The league did nothing.

These guys let all this slide, but watch the clip. Its a choke. And if you think I am exaggerating, go to reddit. There are a bunch of *VIKINGS* fans calling for him to be kicked off the team.

Edited by Matts4313

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That virtually never happens, even for egregious hits. Hell, our safety, Javon Kerse went and found Engram after the Giants game and punched him in the face. In the hallways walking to the lockerroom. After the game was over. The league did nothing.

These guys let all this slide, but watch the clip. Its a choke. And if you think I am exaggerating, go to reddit. There are a bunch of *VIKINGS* fans calling for him to be kicked off the team.

why are you still on about this? what are you looking to get out of this?