Raiders Reportedly Will Sign Desean Jackson

NYRaider

The team restructured Jalen Richard deal….. I think something is on the horizon. I can’t get over Odell’s shoulder issue tho if he was healthy I’d be full steam ahead. Sidebar there appears a chunk of Raider fans who don’t want DJax because of what feels like a million times he was a free agent and didn’t sign here. 

Just now, SimonGruber said:

The team restructured Jalen Richard deal….. I think something is on the horizon. I can’t get over Odell’s shoulder issue tho if he was healthy I’d be full steam ahead. Sidebar there appears a chunk of Raider fans who don’t want DJax because of what feels like a million times he was a free agent and didn’t sign here. 

I'd be fine with either one. Desean has injury issues as well, IIRC he has been on IR the last two seasons. I think OBJ would bring some much needed excitement to the organization. 

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

If he's restructuring to lower his cap number, as reported to make him easier to claim off waivers, I have to think another team is going to jump in to get him

Yes, i think that's also what the Browns are trying to do. They want some not so good team to claim him before the playoff contenders can.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

Yes, i think that's also what the Browns are trying to do. They want some not so good team to claim him before the playoff contenders can.

Considering how public his camp has been I doubt that he's going somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Considering how public his camp has been I doubt that he's going somewhere he doesn't want to be.

The players don't get to choose through the waiver process. If no one claims him, he's free to sign where he wants to. If i'm the GM for a bad team, i'm probably putting the claim and if he doesn't report, i have a piece to trade next year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The players don't get to choose through the waiver process. If no one claims him, he's free to sign where he wants to. If i'm the GM for a bad team, i'm probably putting the claim and if he doesn't report, i have a piece to trade next year.

So you'd take on 3 yr/$45M and then try to trade him when the Browns literally just tried to trade him and no one was willing to take on his contract?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So you'd take on 3 yr/$45M and then try to trade him when the Browns literally just tried to trade him and no one was willing to take on his contract?

I'd take on the base salary the Browns have renegotiated for this year, the next 2 years aren't guaranteed as far as i know.

21 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I haven't seen it before, but you think his camp would throw a stink about not playing for anyone unless he wants to, essentially warding off unwanted teams claiming him on the waiver?