MNF: CHI @ PIT

Sad People

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bears
    • Steelrs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2021 at 01:30 AM

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I didn't say anything about regularity. I said they have the leg to do it. It would be easier to give you a list of Kickers who don't have the leg.

It's like a hail mary. Most QBs can chuck it 60 yards to the end zone. There's a few that you would pull for a hail mary, but most can hit the distance. Doesn't mean they could do it consistently and accurately while under pressure to a receiver with a DB trailing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

It's like a hail mary. Most QBs can chuck it 60 yards to the end zone. There's a few that you would pull for a hail mary, but most can hit the distance. Doesn't mean they could do it consistently and accurately while under pressure to a receiver with a DB trailing.

Exactly. And Cairo Santos is basically the 2020 Drew Brees of Kickers. You don't realistically expect the ball to get there.

I didn't say anything about regularity. I said they have the leg to do it. It would be easier to give you a list of Kickers who don't have the leg.

That still doesn't make any sense. You said, verbatim "dude doesn't have much range beyond 55 yards" (how are you getting this information?.  Kicking a 60-70 yarder in practice without in-game pressure is completely different.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

The only reason for Bears fans to watch the games is to see Santos break the record.

if people arent watching, people cant make a case for you being fired.

Nagy is playing parcheesi here

if you dont know what parcheesi is, its a game that nagy claims is way more complicated than 4d chess.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That still doesn't make any sense. You said, verbatim "dude doesn't have much range beyond 55 yards" (how are you getting this information?.  Kicking a 60-70 yarder in practice without in-game pressure is completely different.

Because the Rams signed Cairo Santos when we needed a Kicker a few years ago, so I did my research on him. Dude has one of the weakest legs in the NFL, if not the weakest. And it makes perfect sense. I called Nagy a moron for trotting out a Kicker who doesn't have the leg to make the kick. If it were a guy who had the leg, the decision would at least be arguable. I'm not sure what's so complicated about this.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Because the Rams signed Cairo Santos when we needed a Kicker a few years ago, so I did my research on him. Dude has one of the weakest legs in the NFL, if not the weakest. And it makes perfect sense. I called Nagy a moron for trotting out a Kicker who doesn't have the leg to make the kick. If it were a guy who had the leg, the decision would at least be arguable. I'm not sure what's so complicated about this.

santos going 3/5 next game.

most kickers have special psyches

you dont do that as a coach to them amongst a 40 make streak

let your qb get some game experience hail marys

Just now, jrry32 said:

First off, the decision is almost never arguable (going back to point that most kickers can't hit from that range).

Second, just because Santos was bad years ago doesn't mean that he is the same now.

To back this up, Cairo Santos has had a shot at this exact field goal once before. Back in 2015, we attempted a 66 yard field goal with him as time expired against (fittingly) the Chicago Bears. Ball hit the goal line. Dude kicked the ball as hard as he could, and it went ~56 yards.

• Like 1

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

First off, the decision is almost never arguable (going back to point that most kickers can't hit from that range).

Second, just because Santos was bad years ago doesn't mean that he is the same now.

You again misrepresent what I said. I didn't say anything about him being bad. I said his leg is weak. That isn't going to change between 26 and 29 years old. And the decision is definitely arguable if you have a kicker who has the leg to make it. Santos doesn't. So you attempt the hail mary.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Players can improve in many ways, but purely physical attributes do not improve as a player enters their late 20s. Santos is a more accurate kicker than he was years ago, there is literally zero chance he can kick further, though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You again misrepresent what I said. I didn't say anything about him being bad. I said his leg is weak. That isn't going to change between 26 and 29 years old. And the decision is definitely arguable if you have a kicker who has the leg to make it. Santos doesn't. So you attempt the hail mary.

I'm misrepresenting anything. I'm quoting you verbatim. You said "dude doesn't much beyond 55 yards" and I asked you to name how many other kickers do. Now I agree, most kickers can hit from that range in PRACTICE but how many kickers can do it in real time under pressure?

Then you responded with "the vast majority of NFL Kickers have the leg to hit beyond 60 and maybe 65 . Well if this is true then where is this long list of kickers who can and where are you getting this information?

I just think using beyond 55 yards as an arbitrary cut-off limits the field quite a bit.

Look, I don't agree with the decision. I hated it!  I would feel uneasy about putting ANY kicker in those situations (even Tucker).