Better WR: Larry Fitzgerald or Antonio Brown

mdonnelly21

Better WR: Larry Fitzgerald or Antonio Brown   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Better WR: Larry Fitzgerald or Antonio Brown

• AB
    • Larry Fitzgerald

AB obviously has nothing on Fitz in terms of longevity and consistency and playoff performance, so he'd have to be better at his peak than Fitz was. Was he that much better than Fitz in his peak? I'd argue no. Brown saw significant targets during his peak years, more than Fitz saw. He never really outproduced him in TDs, only yards and receptions, which I'd argue Fitz would match if he was given the same amount of attention. Fitz also had a slightly better yards per reception in his peak.

Give me Fitz. There's not many other receivers I'd take over him in NFL history. He's everything you want your wide receiver to be, and honestly, you don't find guys like him any more. He was selfless to a fault.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, minutemancl said:

AB obviously has nothing on Fitz in terms of longevity and consistency and playoff performance, so he'd have to be better at his peak than Fitz was. Was he that much better than Fitz in his peak? I'd argue no. Brown saw significant targets during his peak years, more than Fitz saw. He never really outproduced him in TDs, only yards and receptions, which I'd argue Fitz would match if he was given the same amount of attention. Fitz also had a slightly better yards per reception in his peak.

Give me Fitz. There's not many other receivers I'd take over him in NFL history. He's everything you want your wide receiver to be, and honestly, you don't find guys like him any more. He was selfless to a fault.

What? Fitz averaged 153 targets a season prior to his decline in 2012. Arguing Brown a product of targets but not Fitz when it was Fitz who held the record for targets in a season prior to Brown is disengenuous at best. Not to mention, in their primes, AB was better at scoring too.. 72 Touchdowns over 6 years versus 65 Touchdowns over 7 years, granted AB played that entirely in the safety era versus Fitzgerald only playing 4 of them in the safety era.

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Just to note, Fitz got quite a few top 5 WR ever mentions in the that thread, his average ranking was 4th best ever WR

AB only had two mentions as top 5. I don’t get how it’s this close based on that 

They are different questions.

21 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

What? Fitz averaged 153 targets a season prior to his decline in 2012. Arguing Brown a product of targets but not Fitz when it was Fitz who held the record for targets in a season prior to Brown is disengenuous at best. Not to mention, in their primes, AB was better at scoring too.. 72 Touchdowns over 6 years versus 65 Touchdowns over 7 years, granted AB played that entirely in the safety era versus Fitzgerald only playing 4 of them in the safety era.

Is it really disingenuous? I said Brown had more targets and produced more and argued if Fitz had those same number of targets, he would have produced at the same rate. Not sure what that record has to do with anything.