Better WR: Larry Fitzgerald or Antonio Brown

mdonnelly21

53 members have voted

1. 1. Better WR: Larry Fitzgerald or Antonio Brown

• AB
    • Larry Fitzgerald

This is tough, but my gut tells me AB.  He was just so incredible and I think he was the best WR in the game at his peak.  But you could argue both sides, for sure.  Fitzgerald's 2008 postseason is still and will always be legendary.  However, I feel like during Fitzgerald's peak, it was Andre Johnson who was considered the best WR, not Fitz.  But Andre was a boss, so not a slight at Fitz.  Then in either 2010 or 2011 is when people started talking about Megatron as the king.  

Shame we didn't see Fitz with more consistent QB play throughout his career.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

I'll take Fitzgerald. Was generally on less talented teams than Brown. Put up elite numbers, wasn't a head case, has as good of hands as anyone to ever play WR. It seemed he turned it up to another level during the playoffs as well. He played in 9 career playoff games and had 942 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns in those games.

Antonio Brown is a better player than Larry Fitzgerald. Larry was awesome, and had to work with some bad QB play but he was 3x All Pro (1st team one time) in his career, and was the consensus best WR for maybe one season. Brown was 1st team 4 years in a row, the best WR in the NFL for longer than Larry, and he simply peaked higher. AB was straight up better at getting open, and that's why he was essentially unstoppable for a number of years there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

For all intent purposes lets just say during prime. Not including overall career. 

That does change the dynamic some. Larry was pretty much the solid 8 to 9 for his whole career. Just a beauty forever. 

AB was a 10 smokeshow at one point. The peak was shorter, but it existed. 

• Like 3

Larry's 2010(?) playoff prime was something else. It was greater than AB's prime.

But I'll otherwise easily take AB. His legacy is already fairly tarnished and it's a shame because his routes are amazing and he could catch rainbow passes with ease. I mean, he was just great at almost everything that is relevant to a route-running based WR.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That does change the dynamic some. Larry was pretty much the solid 8 to 9 for his whole career. Just a beauty forever. 

AB was a 10 smokeshow at one point. The peak was shorter, but it existed. 

I buy this. At their absolute best, AB. If you're looking for consistency over a long period of time, Fitzgerald.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Larry Fitzgerald: Cameron Diaz from My Best Friend's Wedding to Knight and Day

Antonio Brown: Cameron Diaz in the Mask. 

*Shrug*

Not much of a Cameron Diaz fan. Basic, IMO.

Give me Lucy Liu, please and thanks.

• Like 2

Not including overall career?  How can one not include the overall career considering Brown flushed 3 years of his "prime" down the toilet, but sure cherry picked a Super Bowl out of the deal last year.  Also had ridiculous consistency at Pittsburgh with the same QB throughout and tons of talent around him.  Larry out in Arizona was surrounded by a bunch of random guys and got no real consistency at all.  

Kurt Warner
Carson Palmer
Josh McCown
John Skelton
Matt Leinart
Kevin Kolb
Derek Anderson
Drew Stanton
Blaine Gabbert etc.

While Antonio Brown had Ben Roethlisberger the entire freaking time basically....  how is that not an advantage?  

Either way comparing the two is a joke, one is clearly better than the other in almost every way on and off the field.  Sure Brown is better after the catch and for a time was a bit more explosive but it is not even a comparison looking at the entire picture.  Physically they are two opposite athletes as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Either way comparing the two is a joke, one is clearly better than the other in almost every way on and off the field.  Sure Brown is better after the catch and for a time was a bit more explosive but it is not even a comparison looking at the entire picture.  Physically they are two opposite athletes as well.

Brown was also a better route-runner and better at getting separation, pretty important WR traits.