Elden Ring

showtime

6 hours ago, Sad People said:

Man i finally beat Prime Radahn after 3 days of trying. One of the most satisfying and accomplishing things ive done in a video game. Such a fun and challenging fight to learn and get down. Im not one to gatekeep someone especially in a SP video game but i didnt use summons or a cheesy shield strat build and face tank everything. I really hope they dont nerf him but nerf the pillars of holy damage and make them more transparent or something because they get in the way of things and make it hard to see

They'll probably adjust the hitboxes on the cross slash and some of the onscreen effects. But I don't think he will be nerfed significantly. Original Radahn got the biggest nerf in the game and it was mostly broken hitboxes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

They'll probably adjust the hitboxes on the cross slash and some of the onscreen effects. But I don't think he will be nerfed significantly. Original Radahn got the biggest nerf in the game and it was mostly broken hitboxes.

Theres one of his attacks that he starts with his left hand and ends with him crossing his swords at his chest and swiping thats literally impossible to dodge. That needs a fixing up forsure.

He shouldnt be nerfed significantly like you said. Such a fun dance to learn.

I think they need to adjust his behavior in a way that removes some of the ambiguity from the punish windows in the second phase as well. His recovery time is just a bit too quick for a boss of that size, with combos that long. The second phase just becomes a slog because it feels like even when you're playing well, you're spending too much time healing because of this and the amount of chip damage you take.

Edited by Apparition

11 hours ago, Sad People said:

Theres one of his attacks that he starts with his left hand and ends with him crossing his swords at his chest and swiping thats literally impossible to dodge. That needs a fixing up forsure.

He shouldnt be nerfed significantly like you said. Such a fun dance to learn.

Do you mean the move where he swipes with one hand, swipes with the other hand, and then crosses both swords to do a 2 handed attack? Because that's the one I could never fully dodge. One of those two swipes hit me without fail every time.

Agreed, though. One of the most fun fights in the game. Almost was sad/disappointed when I beat him (3-4 hours), since it more or less marked the end of Elden Ring content for me.

15 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Do you mean the move where he swipes with one hand, swipes with the other hand, and then crosses both swords to do a 2 handed attack? Because that's the one I could never fully dodge. One of those two swipes hit me without fail every time.

Agreed, though. One of the most fun fights in the game. Almost was sad/disappointed when I beat him (3-4 hours), since it more or less marked the end of Elden Ring content for me.

Im pretty sure you and i are talking about the same one because like you 1 of that 3 combo attack always hit me.

I can also relate on your 2nd statement. I started a new character for the DLC so i might finish up the base game and then idk what.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 8:23 PM, lancerman said:

I beat him the night before the nerf after hours of trying. Felt really good about that one.

I'm super close to beating this DLC now. I'm in Enir Lim, and I believe I've only got those bosses left. I'm a completionist, so I'll go back and clean up anything I may have missed after, but I expect it to be very minimal. 

My favorite boss of the DLC so far is easily Messmer. I think I beat him on my third try? Such a fun fight. Super balanced, amazing lore, amazing design, just amazing fight. 

I'm still longing for a boss rush mode in Fromsoft games. 

Beat Promised Consort Radahn on my 4th try (my 2nd actual try, after I spent the first 2 not attacking at all and just trying to get acclimated to his moveset).

It was admittedly a super lucky attempt. He oddly didn't start with his gravity twirling jump to close the gap and instead approached me slowly. It allowed me to get my summons down immediately. At the first opening, we both landed simultaneous lions claw ash of war that proc'd frostbite and immediately took him to phase 2. Then I went god mode with my dodge rolls, got a stagger and riposte, and barely had to even heal to ultimately kill him. Felt amazing about that fight. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2024 at 8:07 PM, Apparition said:

AAAAAAAA I JUST CAME WITHIN LIKE 2 HITS OF BEATING MALENIA AT RL1!r

rolled the wrong way on her attack where she floats down and does a thrust

GOT HER!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

How is the post-nerf Radahn? Anyone faced both and have thoughts?

Much better, but still not perfect. 
The adjustment made to his 1-2-X attack makes the fight much more enjoyable for anyone not using a shield or deflecting, but the bigger improvement IMO was to the pacing and sequencing of his attacks. He frame-trapped you so often in phase 2 that even going for a standard R1 punish with most weapons was risky. He also had the one clone spam attack that immediately followed with a sword combo, which was basically a matter of luck whether you could dodge it or not (especially with the frame rate issues that the clone spam can cause). 

2 big issues still remain: The hitboxes on his stomp (particularly in phase 2) and on the golden shower aftereffects can be really wonky unless you're fighting him on the flat portions of his arena because of the way AOE hitboxes work in these games, so even if you dodge something perfectly on flat terrain, you can still get clipped if you're on uneven terrain. I'm honestly not sure how this can be fixed unless they just make the whole arena flat.
Also, he will still use his gap closer attacks when he's not supposed to. He'll do Starcaller cry at point-blank range, and then do the AOE follow-up even if you dodge the initial pull, which means instant death in most circumstances.

• Like 1