Elden Ring

showtime

On 5/18/2022 at 12:57 AM, Apparition said:

uhhhh I guess there's a Godskin Trio now?

Duo was the absolute worst mandatory boss I've fought yet. Personally hate duo boss fights but the fact they just respawn again and again just dumb. 

That said been slow playing since it came out I'm at Malenia and holy crap she's ridiculous. Fast, strong, long combo, and to top it off lifesteal. What the heck. I think I have her another omen and couple more main bosses to go.  Really hope we get some DLC loving it. Will probably start a new game if DLC is released with a diff build. I'm running a faith/str build. Blasphemous Blade and Winged Scythe have been my 2 primaries 

On 5/19/2022 at 5:41 PM, MdTitansFan56 said:

Duo was the absolute worst mandatory boss I've fought yet. Personally hate duo boss fights but the fact they just respawn again and again just dumb. 

That said been slow playing since it came out I'm at Malenia and holy crap she's ridiculous. Fast, strong, long combo, and to top it off lifesteal. What the heck. I think I have her another omen and couple more main bosses to go.  Really hope we get some DLC loving it. Will probably start a new game if DLC is released with a diff build. I'm running a faith/str build. Blasphemous Blade and Winged Scythe have been my 2 primaries 

Try the Nox Flowing Hammer against Malenia. Every time the L2 lands (except when she's doing that hyper armor crap with her kick), it's a guaranteed knockdown. 

• 9 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 11:36 AM, minutemancl said:

Is that a normal looking Miquella on Torrent? Another back-in-time DLC, like DS1?

That has to be Miquella on Torrent. Interesting enough of all the lore in Elden Ring scattered around there is very little lore on Torrents backstory up to this point. Ranni likes mentioning "Torrents former master" but it is never actually verified who it was nor are we given much information on him. I assume DLC is going to clear that plot point up a bit and I guess most likely Miquella is his former owner. 

I can't recall is Miquella actually confirmed dead in Elden Ring? I know Mohg has him but there is all sorts of wacky crap they can do to explain it away if they choose. Miquella is cursed to be young forever so it may be a prequel but it could be some kind of sequel as well. The only problem I have with a sequel is they would have to most likely make one of the endings cannon then. 

Edited by Spartacus

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

That has to be Miquella on Torrent. Interesting enough of all the lore in Elden Ring scattered around there is very little lore on Torrents backstory up to this point. Ranni likes mentioning "Torrents former master" but it is never actually verified who it was nor are we given much information on him. I assume DLC is going to clear that plot point up a bit and I guess most likely Miquella is his former owner. 

I can't recall is Miquella actually confirmed dead in Elden Ring? I know Mohg has him but there is all sorts of wacky crap they can do to explain it away if they choose. Miquella is cursed to be young forever so it may be a prequel but it could be some kind of sequel as well. The only problem I have with a sequel is they would have to most likely make one of the endings cannon then. 

Elden Ring ended basically the same way DS1 and DS2 kind of did, and those games had sequels. 

I don't think Miquella is confirmed dead. We are told Mohg kidnapped him and is using his blood for his means, and we are told that Miquella used his blood to grow the Haligtree and that kind of made him almost catatonic, but we aren't told he is dead at all. I think he is in a kind of catatonic state in that egg thing in Mohgwyn's Palace.

I think this will be a back in time DLC. We will see Miquella in all their glory, as Torrent's former master, and I think we will access the DLC by touching Miquella's outstretched arm in Mohg's boss arena.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

If I had I guess I believe Messmer is kind of like the Nameless King from DS3. He is likely the first born of Marika who committed so type of sin and was expunged from the history of the world. If I had a guess it was during the war against the giants as if you look at the impaled Giants in the MTOG their impaled with spears that look a lot like Messmers. As to who his parents are I believe he’s Marika and Radagon’s 1st born son, basing this of off the Butterfly theory as 2/3 of the butterflies(Nascent/Aoenian/Smoldering)  have connections to Miquella(Nascent) and Malenia(Aoenian) in their item descriptions. The only one that doesn’t is Smoldering which is obviously related to fire which Messmer seems to be known for. To what type of fire (BloodFlame , Blasphemous, or Giants Flame) I don’t know but I do think he has some connection to dragon communion as if you look at his eye it looks exactly the same as when the player devours too many dragon hearts.

• Like 1