Elden Ring

showtime

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is this the one that the Let Me Solo Her stories have been about? They've been great. 

A small, maybe unintended, side effect of the hidden lore of From games is that it allows community lore to really become big. Giant Dad was the first one I knew of, and now there is Let Me Solo Her. Both are incredible.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

A small, maybe unintended, side effect of the hidden lore of From games is that it allows community lore to really become big. Giant Dad was the first one I knew of, and now there is Let Me Solo Her. Both are incredible.

Oh nice. I'll look into the GD one. I hadn't heard of it. 

I'm late to the party here, started about a week ago, but I'm like 10ish hours in....and I don't think I like this. Haven't really played a Souls game since Demon Souls like 10 years ago, unless we count like an hour and a half of Sekiro one time. I understand exactly what a ton of people love about this game, while simultaneously just not enjoying the time I'm spending on it. I've explored a chunk of Limgrave, run around a bit in Caelid as some chest teleported me there, beaten all of Stormveil Castle (including Margit and Godrick), and I kind of just...don't particularly want to play anymore. Might try watching someone's playthrough, because I am interested in what's left, I just don't particularly want to do it lol.

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

GRRM should be forced into adapting Elden Ring into a series like GoT. I think it would be better with how much lore and material there is. 

If GRRM writes anything before finishing GOT, there will be riots. GRRM is done writing. He doesn't need it, and doesn't want to. 

He predicted TWOW would take 3 years, and it has been 10 and he still is trying to dampen expectations. 

So apparently the final boss, on top of being a tedious mess of a battle, is heavily bugged at the moment. 

About a third of the times you fight it, if it fails to launch certain attacks when its health is in certain percentage ranges, its AI will screw up and keep it in a loop where it'll only do the same 3 or 4 attack chains, rather than its full array.

And it also will stop flying around the arena, forcing you to chase it, which is unequivocally a good thing.

That's what happened when I last fought it.

Edited by Apparition

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

If GRRM writes anything before finishing GOT, there will be riots. GRRM is done writing. He doesn't need it, and doesn't want to. 

He predicted TWOW would take 3 years, and it has been 10 and he still is trying to dampen expectations. 

he's too busy trolling with his blog