Elden Ring

showtime

38 minutes ago, Apparition said:

As someone who got into these games through Bloodborne, I despise using shields.

Though that one that lets you launch fireballs from its mouth is pretty rad, I must admit. 

Yeah this is the first time I've ever played around shields in a from soft game (unless you count having grass crest on your back for stamina regen), and while guard counters and the variety of greatshields can be pretty fun I'll probably never do it again for a playthrough.  And certainly not in any of the other games haha.  

Haven't had much time to play and with summer coming up the weekends will probably get busier.  I will eventually finish the game even if it means next winter lol.

I am in love with the story and lore so I am thinking about watching YouTube videos because I want to see how the story progresses.  Do you guys think that would ruin my eventual playthrough?  I don't want to get to a point where I'm too busy, drop the game completely and never see the full story.

23 hours ago, Apparition said:

As someone who got into these games through Bloodborne, I despise using shields.

Though that one that lets you launch fireballs from its mouth is pretty rad, I must admit. 

I got into these games through Demon Souls which is the anthesis of Bloodborne, then my second game was Bloodborne, quite the shock lol. 

I think by DS3 shields basically only had two functions, be a parry god or make a build around a ultra great shield and be tanky. Otherwise it’s all about the roll, 

54 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I hate this game

Why do I keep booting it up?

Because these games are stupid addictive. You know you got got when you find that one special boss that kicks your *** and you started getting excited to fight it knowing you will probably die but you are in the zone. 

• Like 1

So I dumped NG+ to reroll a character focused on helping people beat bosses. I think multiplayer would be really fun, but I refuse to do any co-op since the Invading Meta is pure cancer right now. I have zero interest in dealing with Whitemask-Bullgoat-RoB spam with a side dish of Moonveil smooth brains.

Co-op should only be invadable if the host wears a taunters tongue.

On 4/14/2022 at 7:54 PM, Deadpulse said:

I hate this game

Why do I keep booting it up?

I feel like I beat it vicariously by watching a YouTuber approximately on par with my own ability. I can’t do stress games like this tho 

Made it to Malenia this past weekend. Only attempted her twice so far- first time I got beat pretty bad, 2nd time I got her to her 2nd phase pretty easily, felt good, and then immediately got destroyed by that first attack since I had no idea how to dodge it. Rolling away was not the answer.

She definitely feels tough, but doesn't feel impossible. Waterfowl Dance does a ton of damage, but isn't too bad to dodge. The hardest part feels like to me that she heals on hit. I had her down to a sliver of health in her first phase maybe 3 times, then my greed got her health restored, and it was a lot.

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Made it to Malenia this past weekend. Only attempted her twice so far- first time I got beat pretty bad, 2nd time I got her to her 2nd phase pretty easily, felt good, and then immediately got destroyed by that first attack since I had no idea how to dodge it. Rolling away was not the answer.

She definitely feels tough, but doesn't feel impossible. Waterfowl Dance does a ton of damage, but isn't too bad to dodge. The hardest part feels like to me that she heals on hit. I had her down to a sliver of health in her first phase maybe 3 times, then my greed got her health restored, and it was a lot.

Is this the one that the Let Me Solo Her stories have been about? They've been great. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Flower Blast thing at the start; just sprint directly underneath and past her towards the back wall. 

• Like 1