Elden Ring

showtime

17 hours ago, lancerman said:

Started a new character. Faith and strength build. Blasphemous blade is amazing. Incantations so far are way better than sorcery. Probably the first FromSoft game I felt that way. 

Incantations are great in PVE and make for great buffs in PVP but most of the offensive ones are fairly useless when playing anyone that can dodge. Sorcery has a huge advantage in PVP both with their weapons and how complex some of the abilities are when chained together. 

7 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I'm going to try this today. Looking for something interesting to try.

Only problem is high poise boys tank the ash, and make you pay heavily after or mid.

Transcient Moonlight is way safer in that regard. Still fun though.

Edited by animaltested

On 3/25/2022 at 2:34 AM, Jetzger said:

Don't worry y'all will feel underleveled again as soon as you get past Leyndell and start getting 2 shot at 40+ vigor by 2000+ HP basic mobs haha. 

You were right lol. Slogging through the Mountains almost made me quit the damn game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Incantations are great in PVE and make for great buffs in PVP but most of the offensive ones are fairly useless when playing anyone that can dodge. Sorcery has a huge advantage in PVP both with their weapons and how complex some of the abilities are when chained together. 

I did faith for my first playthrough and gotta say best offensive incantation for pve is blasphemous blade L2, pretty much found myself always using that instead of any of the actual spells haha. 

10 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I found the long AOE ones work well. Generally I use buffs like golden vow and the black flame buff, flame heel, then either the rotten break or scarlet aeonia, Mohgs blood fire, the blackflame wave and mohgs blood flame. Those all can all cause some havoc. Also the Blasphemous blade and sacred relic swords are clutch in PVE for their skills. Long range destruction.

2 hours ago, Jetzger said:

I did faith for my first playthrough and gotta say best offensive incantation for pve is blasphemous blade L2, pretty much found myself always using that instead of any of the actual spells haha. 

Yup. That's what I did. You can absolutely massacre things with that. Also post game but the sacred relic sword is similarly powerful. I like incantations for buffs and status effects, maybe some AOE for spacing.

9 hours ago, animaltested said:

Adula's Moonblade is bae. 

I know the moons & comet Azur get all the pub and memes; but that sorcery can carry a playthrough.

Love Adulas in both PVP and PVE. Does a ton of damage, seems to be fairly tricky to dodge completely, and doesn't drain your bar as fast as some of the others. 

I farmed volcano manor for about 3 hours so I could get a magma blade. Finally got 2 to drop on the same run. Does pretty good damage at +6 with golden vow and the flame damage buff incantation. Absolutely wrecked the ulcerated tree sentinel that drops the 10 second free FP flask buff and Radahn (my first time fighting him post nerf though). Can't wait to get them both to plus 10. Kind of a bummer they don't light up dark areas like a torch.

Can pretty safely conclude that there are the top 3 bosses in this game - Malenia, Radagon/Elden Beast, Maliketh - that represent massive difficulty spikes, and then there's everyone else.

With the Moonveil nerfed, I've only been able to beat Maliketh by inflicting Scarlet Rot in each phase, and then playing extremely cautious. 

Radagon and Elden Beast both need to have their HP pools nerfed. As they are, the latter fight is just no fun at all. 

Edited by Apparition

3 hours ago, Apparition said:

Can pretty safely conclude that there are the top 3 bosses in this game - Malenia, Radagon/Elden Beast, Maliketh - that represent massive difficulty spikes, and then there's everyone else.

With the Moonveil nerfed, I've only been able to beat Maliketh by inflicting Scarlet Rot in each phase, and then playing extremely cautious. 

Radagon and Elden Beast both need to have their HP pools nerfed. As they are, the latter fight is just no fun at all. 

I'd put Mohg (palace version) on that list as well. 

42 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I'd put Mohg (palace version) on that list as well. 

I actually found the shunning grounds version tougher because he's immune to status effects. I've been able to beat the real version multiple times without much trouble, thanks to Mohg's Shackle + Purifying Crimson Tear + stacking frost + bleed (or, most recently, scarlet rot).

On 4/2/2022 at 4:03 AM, animaltested said:

You were right lol. Slogging through the Mountains almost made me quit the damn game.

Have gotten to the Mountains and good lord I hate it. Back to getting slapped around by everything. Stuck at Rykar’s second version, fire giant, Niall, and the two carrion knights in a cave.