Halo TV Show (Paramount+ 2022) - Canceled after two seasons at Paramount. To be shopped to other streamers.

MikeT14

I didn't see a thread for it, but figured we're at least getting closer to this being actually real.

https://www.slashfilm.com/661534/halo-teaser-the-iconic-video-game-becomes-a-tv-series/ 

The series stars Pablo Schreiber ("First Man") as Master Chief, along with co-stars including Natascha McElhone ("Californication"), Bokeem Woodbine ("Spider-Man: Homecoming"), Shabana Azmi ("The Empire"), Bentley Kalu ("Stairs"), Natasha Culzac ("Men In Black: International"), Kate Kennedy ("A Midsummer Night's Dream"), and Yerin Ha ("Reef Break").

They said during the Xbox event that like Marvel or Star Wars, the halo universe was vast and they could tell all kinds of stories in. So them doing Chief’s story kinda goes against that.

But I’ll definitely watch it, like Pablo. But will be interesting how much they try to inject personality and face time into the character .

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

They said during the Xbox event that like Marvel or Star Wars, the halo universe was vast and they could tell all kinds of stories in. So them doing Chief’s story kinda goes against that.

But I’ll definitely watch it, like Pablo. But will be interesting how much they try to inject personality and face time into the character .

Have to use Chief to get people on board and then if the show does well they'll make other shows about other characters and stories in the Halo universe.

20 hours ago, Kiltman said:

But don't you need to start with your bread and butter to hook people in so that expanding makes sense? 

You had to go MC here. Or he has to be heavily involved. I am (probably) going to get Paramount+ for this show alone. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

But don't you need to start with your bread and butter to hook people in so that expanding makes sense? 

You had to go MC here. Or he has to be heavily involved. I am (probably) going to get Paramount+ for this show alone. 

It was just something that they said in the stream and made me think of what this story will be.
It 100% makes sense to do this, and yeah I'm down. Just curious how they plan to actually expand the brand and universe.

Reach was a good prologue story, and I know of a lot of the novels. 
Wonder what other games or shows they can do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It was just something that they said in the stream and made me think of what this story will be.
It 100% makes sense to do this, and yeah I'm down. Just curious how they plan to actually expand the brand and universe.

Reach was a good prologue story, and I know of a lot of the novels. 
Wonder what other games or shows they can do.

ODST would be fine and fun. Reach is def good. I've read a couple of the novels, but it has been years. 

Go ahead and make Mass Effect and Halo shared universes and let's do the damn thing.

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

ODST would be fine and fun. Reach is def good. I've read a couple of the novels, but it has been years. 

Go ahead and make Mass Effect and Halo shared universes and let's do the damn thing.

Oh yeah good call with ODST, was a fun smaller different take.

just give me more Mass Effect, I want it, I need it. Felt so good playing them again this year. Took a break from replays a couple years ago in hopes of an update 

• Like 1

There are enough games here so that there should be some solid lore to build off of (i was never a Halo guy so I don't know it, but it's storyline reputation is pretty good. It's going to come down to if the writing is there or not.  If you get season 8 GoT quality of writing, then it won't be good no matter how great the SFX and visuals are.

• 4 weeks later...