WK 9 GDT: (4-3) Titans vs (4-4) Ravens

titansNvolsR#1

Hoping healthy Marcus keeps my GDT streak alive. 

Based on how both teams looked the last time they played, things aren’t looking up. Wth that said, Marcus proves he’s the best afcs QB with 5 TDs, 3 to Corey Davis, and Adoree takes one to the house.

I'm not adding much more than this as I’m currently in a rain forest looking at Tarsiers and chocolate hills. Go Titans. Boo Ravens. 

Well, we're at home and apparently it's Titans reunion weekend. Steve McNair's two sons are serving as the 12th Titans.

Corey Davis is back and Marcus has had two weeks off. So, we can win. I don't know if we will, but we can. It's a little troublesome that the Ravens are coming off far and away their best performance of the season, but whatever.

Sounds like Flacco probably plays. 

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

If we get an early lead, I feel like we're going to pile on some sacks.

It'll definitely be nice to play a quarterback that struggles to break the pocket. We've been burned by missed sacks approximately 500,000 times through seven games.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

It'll definitely be nice to play a quarterback that struggles to break the pocket. We've been burned by missed sacks approximately 500,000 times through seven games.

Yeah, I just feel like we've had so much pressure almost all the time so far this year, save for the Texans game, and we just haven't been able to finish off these scrambling QB's. Going against Flacco, Dalton, and Ben three games in a row is gonna be a nice change of pace.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

If we're gonna be a playoff team this year, gotta think the Baltimore and Cinci games are must wins.

Absolutely. I can handle losing to Pitt but you almost have to win the rest. I know it’s crazy saying these Titans that we watch choke and blow it year after year can go 9-1 but you almost have to, to win the division

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I hate stats that select a certain timeframe to judge off of.... They also have played the 32nd, 28th, and 26th ranked offenses in the league. Not exactly something to boast about.

Outside of the Houston game and garbage time I think the defense has been pretty solid anyway. Not as good as the numbers vs bottom tier offenses suggest, but in hat 12-15ish range/just inside the top half of the league seems accurate to me. Hell, where the defense ranks overall in yards right now even factoring in garbage time and Houston is 16th. If you take out the Houston game we're also only giving up 19.3 ppg which would rank just inside the top 10(tied for 9th). Remove the  garbage time points and that gets even better, but obviously you'd have to go through and do that for every team to make it a fair judgement.

Either way, the D, outside of the horrid Houston game, has generally been solid this year.

Archived