Texans v Jets

tab

You guys crack me up. We are a tanking team that was left in shambles by BOB and y’all seem upset when we lose. 

we hired a dud of a coach on purpose. The goal is to draft the top 5 the next two years. This is the plan, the plan is working. Quit being shocked about it. 

this was a big time lose for us. 

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

I am convinced Kelly was able to keep his job by running Burkhead "in a manner Bob would have done"

I am convinced Kelly was able to keep his job because he bent the knee to Lord Easterby.

Semi-related: I've never recalled ANY team (not just the Texans) ever having this many healthy scratch suspensions levied by the FO. Justin Reid, Lonnie Johnson, Zach Cunningham, Charles Ominehu, Ross Blacklock - all five have been healthy scratch suspensions this season, and when you pair it with a few of these out of the blue roster moves (Vernon Hargreaves cut, Mark Ingram trade, Omenihu trade) it makes me feel as if this FO is really going to sacrifice people who can play football for people who will do whatever the FO tells them to do. 

This is the darkest timeline.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

You guys crack me up. We are a tanking team that was left in shambles by BOB (and Jack Easterby, who is still influencing decisions on this team). and y’all seem upset when we lose. 

Updated for accuracy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, remind me where "alienating a team leader because they disagreed with the coaching staff" is in the rebuilding playbook...

Reid should be a nice contributor for a contender next season, at least.

i saw this earlier today and if  true

(1) F&&*( everybody who thought this was a good idea - from Easterbunny I am sure this is were the edict our way or the highway originated from - down to Clueless Culley)

(2) No surprise we lost because the players are playing to get someplace else

(3) Did I mention F&(&)* everybody in the FO (if so, F(&(#& 'em again)

(4) It was nice having you Mr. Reid - safe travels to your next team

I suspect the FO is banking on Martin & Reid signing big contracts in new cities and Texans picking up 3rd round compensatory picks a la New England

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

I suspect the FO is banking on Martin & Reid signing big contracts in new cities and Texans picking up 3rd round compensatory picks a la New England

... which Caserio will end up trading for a backup CB he'll end up cutting within six weeks.

Can't forget that.

• Like 1

I was curious how empty the stands were going to be, if that had been exaggerated, and here’s near the end of the 1st Q. Fan energy was low for most of the game except for when we were leading 14-3

https://imgur.com/a/9PWJDXA

reid being out sucked, he’s probably my favorite player right now. Team is run by clowns 

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

You guys crack me up. We are a tanking team that was left in shambles by BOB and y’all seem upset when we lose. 

we hired a dud of a coach on purpose. The goal is to draft the top 5 the next two years. This is the plan, the plan is working. Quit being shocked about it. 

this was a big time lose for us. 

its the way we are losing.  the offense is still boring to watch. Kelly should have went with O'Brien last year and Tyrod shouldnt be starting, Mills should. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tab said:

I was curious how empty the stands were going to be, if that had been exaggerated, and here’s near the end of the 1st Q.

I actually had three different groups of friends trying to GIVE away their tickets for this game.

I applaud those who went, watching this factory of incompetence isn't worth an entire Sunday...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

its the way we are losing.  the offense is still boring to watch. Kelly should have went with O'Brien last year and Tyrod shouldnt be starting, Mills should. 

I agree that Mills should be starting, especially now that Tyrod is struggling. Tyrod got the starting job back solely because “players don’t lose their spots due to injury” 

Tyrod definately isn’t the future. Mills has been bad, really bad at times, but he’s also shown some flashes. He should be the starting QB moving forward for sure. He should also get next year with a full off season as the starter.