Ben Albright to Drop Death Knell Emails for Hue & Coaches In the Morning?

Mind Character

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There were like 2 dudes on this board who thought Watson was even a decent prospect, would have hated the pick and complained incessantly had we drafted him, now those same dudes are complaining that we didn't....smh.

how-dare-you-gif-5.gif

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There were like 2 dudes on this board who thought Watson was even a decent prospect, would have hated the pick and complained incessantly had we drafted him, now those same dudes are complaining that we didn't....smh.

I guess the takeaway is some folks just like to complain? Idk...

I was not high on him.  I don't get paid the "big bucks" to figure that out.  There were plenty that did like him, draft pundits, average joe's, gm's.  It's the collective job of our scouts and FO (and head coach to a certain extent) to bang the drum for talent at that position. 

3 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I was not high on him.  I don't get paid the "big bucks" to figure that out.  There were plenty that did like him, draft pundits, average joe's, gm's.  It's the collective job of our scouts and FO (and head coach to a certain extent) to bang the drum for talent at that position. 

No, you don't get paid the big bucks but if that's your view, why not just log out for draft season if you have no clue what you're talking about? 

My point is simply people want to armchair qb every decision and complain either way, which is kinda tedious. (***Not accusing you in particular).

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No, you don't get paid the big bucks but if that's your view, why not just log out for draft season if you have no clue what you're talking about? 

My point is simply people want to armchair qb every decision and complain either way, which is kinda tedious. (***Not accusing you in particular).

But that's the point LTGB.  Don't you want someone making the decisions that's getting it right???  We can't keep having swings and misses at the most important position on the field.  Yes it is easy to armchair QB.  You should fault your team, when the ppl in place are not making the right moves.  And you should want someone there that you can rely on to make these important decisions.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

he wasnt sold on either, and was on board with both of the trade downs.

Why then, did Hue send a text message to Watson saying "be ready" I know that he has since denied that (a lie I'm sure) but I don't recall him being on board with that trade down.  I vaguely remember him wanting Goff, and being ok with the trade down that involved Wentz.

10 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Why then, did Hue send a text message to Watson saying "be ready" I know that he has since denied that (a lie I'm sure) but I don't recall him being on board with that trade down.  I vaguely remember him wanting Goff, and being ok with the trade down that involved Wentz.

he wanted Hooker at 12

38 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

But that's the point LTGB.  Don't you want someone making the decisions that's getting it right???  We can't keep having swings and misses at the most important position on the field.  Yes it is easy to armchair QB.  You should fault your team, when the ppl in place are not making the right moves.  And you should want someone there that you can rely on to make these important decisions.

Swing and miss?  Eh? They've watch a couple strikes, but it's not like they passed on those dudes and committed to a bum.

If I had to guess they'll take their swing in April.

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

A lawyer runs the Eagles.

Also the Astros.

Seems to not be an issue in those places.

The world champion Astros were just as sorry of a team/franchise as the Browns not too long ago. Hopefully our owner sticks with the process.

25 minutes ago, mistakey said:

so i guess, i was wrong in saying he was down with both trade downs.  he was down with both passes.  prob was pretty pissed when we passed on hooker

According to Hue and Company, at 12 they were torn because:

1. Watson was #1 on their draft board

BUT

2. Hue WANTED Hooker, who was their #1 position player/non QB.

So, they decided to trade down. They had a deal in place with Indianapolis to trade back up for "their guy" and Indianapolis agreed to it under the condition that "their guy" wasn't there. It turns out, "their guy" in both accounts was Hooker.

Archived