Ben Albright to Drop Death Knell Emails for Hue & Coaches In the Morning?

Mind Character

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Swing and miss?  Eh? They've watch a couple strikes, but it's not like they passed on those dudes and committed to a bum.

If I had to guess they'll take their swing in April.

yea i agree.  

what i DONT get is that Haslam and Hue were liek

YA KNWO WHAT LETS SWING ON AJ MCCARRON IN WEEK 8 OF A BAD SEASON INSTEAD OF WAITING 8 WEEKS OF BAD FOOTBALL TO TAKE THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT

screams panic mode
panic mode = bad decisions

8 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yea i agree.  

YA KNWO WHAT LETS SWING ON AJ MCCARRON IN WEEK 8 OF A BAD SEASON INSTEAD OF WAITING 8 WEEKS OF BAD FOOTBALL TO TAKE THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT

screams panic mode

This is exactly it.

Regardless of what happened with Garoppolo, whether we missed or New England didn't want to trade with us or whatever, you don't jump off the deep end and trade a 2 and a 3 for McCarren just because you feel you need something right now.

What if McCarren was good enough to win us a few games, are we happy with McCarren as our QBOTF moving forward? Is he the reason we should pass on a Darnold or a Rosen so that we can groom him into being the guy?

What if he didn't pan out and we went 0-16, do we still have faith it was the right move and take Barkley to put pieces around him?

Do we draft a QB with less assets to put around him having lost the 2-3.

I don't like that we look terrible for not getting McCarren, but I LOVE that we didn't make the trade...

8 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yea i agree.  

screams panic mode

You had me at Haslam.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Hue is desperate because the veil of competency has been lifted. The bill of goods he sold has not been delivered upon. AJ would have bought him another year in his mind.

*ditchdigger sitting cross-legged channeling Hue's thoughts gif*

That is what I was thinking as well.  I figure AJ will look better than what we have, be locked up at least one more year & then when Hue is fired after the 2018 season, it'll be time for Marvin Lewis to retire & Hue can take AJ over to Cincinnati.  It SEEMS kinda far fetched, but I dunno...

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yea i agree.  

screams panic mode

Agree 100 with this.  I still can't get over the fact that we passed on QB's with the number 2 and number 1 picks in the past 2 drafts.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Agree 100 with this.  I still can't get over the fact that we passed on QB's with the number 2 and number 1 picks in the past 2 drafts.

Everyone is talking about us having a terrible roster, would a QB be in a situation to succeed? Or would this be David Carr and Tim Couch all over again.

Good news though, we now have a TON of draft assets, and very possibly the first pick in this upcoming draft to take a QB.

If we pass on one this year I will agree with you...

Best case scenario if AJ was here that we'd be able to surround him with talent like the Bengals have accumulated. Definitely possible with the picks left over but even at that the Bengals still haven't won a playoff game. 

We need either that franchise QB or all the picks we can get to build a team like the Vikings. Kizer could look competent in that scenario or you could sign whoever in FA and wait for the right QB to come along while still remaining competitive. 

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I guarantee no one on here criticizing Mccaron watched his pro snaps from an all22 angle...if you did you would know he was impressive

Still not worth a 2nd and 3rd, if so, he would have been starting over Dalton by now as much as they dislike him down there.

He was impressive against the Broncos but other than that not so much. And this is on a loaded team while the Broncos struggle against TE's. Took advantage of momentum, good field position, good D, and the run game against the 49ers and a Mallet led Ravens. First game against PIT it says he only threw 2 picks but really it was 3, one of them a pick 6. Second game ugly INT, then a fumble in PIT territory, then nada and PIT scores a TD to go up 15-0. Then gets Bernard concussed and fumbled ball. A PI call puts them at the GL and they run it in. 

Sounds awfully similar to Kizer.

50 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I guarantee no one on here criticizing Mccaron watched his pro snaps from an all22 angle...if you did you would know he was impressive

I was a huge McCarron fan and wanted the browns to get him when they brought on Hue. No way is he worth a 2nd and 3rd and the FO knew that. I feel like Hue was so desperate for a legit QB who could run his system that he back Channelled things with Jim. I think Jim Got desperate of not having a defeated team that he was willing  to force it through. 

Never thought this coaching staff would be the ones with the issue. This staff had a free pass to suck cause of the rebuild. 

I rather stick with the FO, to me they don’t get desperate. They could of went crazy in FA, could of went crazy in the draft but they were sticking to their plan. Hue and he coaches on the other hands are different. Hue got desperate and fell in love with Kizer and to me is regretting because he is forcing him too early. Would could tell with him pulling Kizer twice. Now with no legit vet QB because he mishandled the QBs that he tried to force McCarron. 

I almost want to clean house with the coaching staff. I would keep Greg Williams. I don’t know if he is HC mateiral. I would use him in talks about selecting a HC tho because I would still want him on staff. 

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Still not worth a 2nd and 3rd, if so, he would have been starting over Dalton by now as much as they dislike him down there.

Yeah,...That's generally my position and I've made that known

But What exactly does a 2nd and 3rd potentially get you?

I looked at the 2nd and 3rd round picks of teams over the last few years.

The answer to that question is sometimes it gives something decent, other times it gives you nothing at all. It can get you Emmanuel Ogbah and Shon Coleman....or Deshone Kizer and Larry Ogunjobi...for other teams its demarcus walker and carlos henderson...

We need to get our nfl operation of the ground, renew the energy of the team. and give ourselves a chance to win...

We have 2 other 2nd round picks...

It's not a popular opinion, and I disagreed with the idea that Mccaron was good, but it's possible Mccaron is more than just a stop gap. If that's the case, is it worth a 2nd and 3rd round pick...is it worth Ogbah and Coleman...or Demarcus Walker and Carlos Henderson...

I think it's undesirable, but it may have been a good move in the long run if the plan to keep Hue around..and if Mccaron can play like he did thus far in the league given no talent around him if he would be on the browns

a lot of ifs...but it wouldn't have been as tragic as everyone is making it out to be...

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Who is he throwing to in Cinci?  Who would he be throwing to here?  He was in a system he knew and comfortable with.  If he came here he would have no more success than anyone we had under center.....nobody to throw to because nobody can get open.

2 minutes ago, Wolfhunt said:

Who is he throwing to in Cinci?  Who would he be throwing to here?  He was in a system he knew and comfortable with.  If he came here he would have no more success than anyone we had under center.....nobody to throw to because nobody can get open.

Anyone that knows football or has a brain understands this basic fact...and I've made that point tons of times.

you could say the same thing about any QB in the league.

What would Brady, Derek Carr, or Stafford, Deshaun Watson look like on our roster?

They'd all struggle throwing to Treggs, and Ricardo Louis.

At some point, you have to get the player that can progress the team/offense...

Look at what the 49ers are doing...their oline is garbage...they won't play Jimmy G for a few weeks as to not get him killed, but they still made the move.

So you spend a 2nd and a 3rd for a guy who can't beat out Dalton?  Anyone that knows football or has a brain would pull the trigger and give up a 2nd and a 3rd for a backup QB who can't even beat out just a barely above average QB in Dalton.

Archived