Trey Lances devolopment (it failed)

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, jonnguy2015 said:

We wouldn't have gotten him if we stayed put, the Falcons wanted him at 4

Oh, I was saying as a worst case scenario we drafted him. Worst case because he’s contributed nothing. 

How much better would be with three additional first round picks on the roster?  RT, CB, DE maybe?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Has this ever been substantiated?

I heard the rumblings post draft but never saw anything to cement this as true.

And I agree with the not trading up. 

Really should have stayed pat and drafted Mac or maybe a minor trade up to 10 to take Fields. 

I know Benjamin Allbright was saying even before we traded up that if you wanted Lance you’d have to get to 3 because he wouldn’t be there at 5. 

45 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I know Benjamin Allbright was saying even before we traded up that if you wanted Lance you’d have to get to 3 because he wouldn’t be there at 5. 

Atlanta was rumored to be enamored with him.. I thought they might make a trade, but they seem pretty content with Ridder this year

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/the-falcons-would-have-taken-trey-lance/

Edited by adamq

Like it is clear the team has transitioned to Purdy being the guy. They keep leaking stuff to hurt Lance and they tried to see what his market was before the draft. Why the hell should he just go with who Kyle wants him to go to? Especially if he feels like he is not getting the work he needs or is not making the strides he needs to make? Lance is doing what is best for his career, which will likely be on another team. Lance was always too much of a team player for my liking and seems like he has had enough of it. 

Giving Darnold some first team snaps while Purdy is out? Hilarious. 

• Like 5

i want to see more of Trey Lance. they paid out the yang for him and weve barely gotten 100 throwing attempts out of him and they've already fallen in love with the next shiny girl that caught their eye. 

they're making the same mistake with Purdy as they did with Jimmy Garoppolo. 

proposing on the first date again. 

it's a good thing Purdy's a rookie... i bet if he was a vet they'd have paid him a $200m contract already. 

Edited by Herodreamer79