Detroit Lions @ Denver Broncos

Louis Friend

23 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Should we want them to? That might be the bigger question

1 or even 2 more win this year won't be bad IMO.  We would drop from 1 to 3, which 3 may be easier to move down out of.  If we win 2 more games we will drop to 4th at worst.  Maybe a couple wins will give them the confidence and momentum to the staff and those who are staying around for next year while not damaging out draft status too much.  I love Kayvon, Hutch, and Hamilton at the top of this draft and would be happy to get any of them.  So staying in the top 3/4 should do that or at worst allow us to trade back and build more draft capital.  

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Should we want them to? That might be the bigger question

We are 0.5 up on Houston and Jacksonville. That tie is actually hurting us right now draft wise. We would need Houston and Jags to win another game to give the Lions breathing room to win another game. 

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

We are 0.5 up on Houston and Jacksonville. That tie is actually hurting us right now draft wise. We would need Houston and Jags to win another game to give the Lions breathing room to win another game. 

As I said above, picking 1 or 3 is fine with me.  We will get one of the top 3 guys and also 3 is easier to move than 1 if we want to move back.  

57 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

As I said above, picking 1 or 3 is fine with me.  We will get one of the top 3 guys and also 3 is easier to move than 1 if we want to move back.  

I think dropping to 3 would be a disaster for us honestly.  We need an elite passrusher.  Adding an actual pass rush will do wonders for this team.  WONDERS.  We have a chance to get one at 1 or two if you think Thibs and Hutch are 1a and 1b.  But perhaps even more important is that 33rd pick.  The 33rd pick allows us to get a potential QB, 1st round talent, perhaps one of the last stud WR, plus it holds great trade value.  I think there is more in this than just our first pick, though I do think it's very important.

48 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think dropping to 3 would be a disaster for us honestly.  We need an elite passrusher.  Adding an actual pass rush will do wonders for this team.  WONDERS.  We have a chance to get one at 1 or two if you think Thibs and Hutch are 1a and 1b.  But perhaps even more important is that 33rd pick.  The 33rd pick allows us to get a potential QB, 1st round talent, perhaps one of the last stud WR, plus it holds great trade value.  I think there is more in this than just our first pick, though I do think it's very important.

Well as much as I like Hutch and Thibs, I also love Kyle Hamilton and think he is a game changer on the back end.  I would be super excited to land him as well.  As for 33, I agree it sucks to drop to 36 but honestly its still just two picks, and we will still get really great talent at 35, and if people are interested in moving up they will.  Not to mention the Texans and Jaguars play each other and one of them will have to win that game (or tie and we are in a three way tie) so technically if we win another game we are at worst picking 2nd. 

Also, the Jags play the Jets as well, which again will bump one of the two out.  We can win two more games and still pick 2nd.  I think winning a couple games and giving this staff and organization confidence and momentum might be more impactful than the top pick when we are picking 2nd or at worst 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

If we are going to take a QB in that range, I suspect we'd be taking them with the Rams pick. You get the 5th year option which would come in handy with a young signal caller that shows promise. 

I can see us using that pick to address a WR that slips out of the 1st or as a trade piece to move down if we can get some early picks for next year.