GDT: Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

People need to stop giving credit to Savage for never throwing a pick, its hard to intercept a ball that goes 20 yards out of bounce

IIRC Savage had 10 Passes defensed (balls that the defender knocked down or got their hands on).... I have NEVER seen a number that high for a QB.

Plus IIRC these were not balls getting knocked down at the line.  This was literally LB's and DB's who couldn't hold on to the ball that Savage sent their way.

I cringed every time he dropped back to pass.

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yates isn't going to do any better. It's BOBs system that sucks. He actually had the idea to change the system to fit the QB with Watson but his tried and failed system doesn't work with anyone else. 

Yates will be significantly better than Savage. 

18 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yates isn't going to do any better. It's BOBs system that sucks. He actually had the idea to change the system to fit the QB with Watson but his tried and failed system doesn't work with anyone else. 

And by "changing his system" you mean running some plays from Dabo Sweeney's playbook that actually work vs. the same garbage that hasn't worked in 4 seasons with his "in the building 4 season", "knows the system" project.  Actually I'd love to see a recap of how many of Watson's plays were just him going off script and making something happen.  Bob is a stubborn arrogant egomaniac who wanted to show it wasn't all just Watson so he had Savage  dropping back behind our semi pro o-line nearly every down when this was a layup game we could have won with the run game.  Savage missed 20 of his first 29 passes, folks. Think some passes to our RB in space might have made some sense vs. everything outside to at least give Savage some confidence?  Just a terrible coaching job.

Archived