2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It isn't, but we are well into the OL market for sure.

Please explain how yesterday was a good day for the Bears? 

The truth is that our offense is bad. We need 4-5 viable starters on offense. We are not in a position talent wise to sit back and wait for the market to settle out. We are not the Ravens. The Ravens roster is good enough that if they miss on someone it really won't cripple them. We needed to be more aggressive in the OL market. Now we are down to 1 or 2 sure fire upgrades.

But we got an expensive 3T. I guess I am still waiting for some of that Mack money to actually make it over to the offense.

Where did I say it was a good thing? But it’s not the end of the world either at this point. I posted a list of almost 20 viable starting caliber OL last night (some short term fixes, some longer term) that are still out there and you’re acting like they’re not still out there this morning. The sky has not fallen. Thinking there are only 1-2 sure fire upgrades out there is complete nonsense. The likelihood Sam Mustipher remains a starter for the 2022 Bears remains as incredibly low today as it was yesterday.

Again, Poles told us what he was going to do, and he’s doing exactly that so far. That you were unwilling to believe him or don’t agree with the execution of his plan to this point is a Windy problem. My 12-year old has more patience than you, and he’s twelve

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Where did I say it was a good thing? But it’s not the end of the world either at this point. I posted a list of almost 20 viable starting caliber OL last night (some short term fixes, some longer term) that are still out there and you’re acting like they’re not still out there this morning. The sky has not fallen. Thinking there are only 1-2 sure fire upgrades out there is complete nonsense. The likelihood Sam Mustipher remains a starter for the 2022 Bears remains as incredibly low today as it was yesterday.

Again, Poles told us what he was going to do, and he’s doing exactly that so far. That you were unwilling to believe him or don’t agree with the execution of his plan to this point is a Windy problem. My 12-year old has more patience than you, and he’s twelve

He did not do what he said he was going to do. Not sure why you are going back to that.

Your 12 year old has not watched as much crappy offense as I have.

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Moving on from Windy's meltdown. I'm wondering if Detroit signing DJ Chark had any impact on Robinson's market. I still think it's highly unlikely he resigns here but I thought he would have been gone by now. 

The WR market still has some viable players in it. From the buzz I do not think Chark effects Robinson.

Just now, WindyCity said:

He did not do what he said he was going to do. Not sure why you are going back to that.

No, he hasn't done what you thought he should do YET.  Know the difference.

Just now, WindyCity said:

The WR market still has some viable players in it. From the buzz I do not think Chark effects Robinson.

Would Detroit still be interested in Robinson with the signing of Chark? I know Robinson's market seemed like it was down to 3 teams with them included. 

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My 12 year old doesn’t act like a petulant child when he doesn’t get his way either. But do you. 

Eh, I get it.  DT is not an exciting position, and the timing is frustrating when we're all so eager to see a good offense in this desert.  That said, the money's not crazy, he seems like he's actually good and we still have lots of room (counting next year) and I think their FA spending might go to tackle instead of center which is fine by me. 

35 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

My 12 year old doesn’t act like a petulant child when he doesn’t get his way either. But do you. 

Not sure saying day 1 has been "underwhelming" is being petulant.

But this is also from the crew that over reacted to every criticism of Pace until they finally realized he sucked.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Would Detroit still be interested in Robinson with the signing of Chark? I know Robinson's market seemed like it was down to 3 teams with them included. 

My guess is they moved on Chark when they realized that Robinson was not coming.

I still think Robinson will get a strong deal. At least we should hope he does so we can put a 3rd round comp pick on the board.