2022 Free agency thread

JAF-N72EX

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I hope we do too...but it doesn't force you too because you know next year you will have more resources.

If the plan is to bridge to draft picks you need to draft the guys to be ready to take over.

The Bills did it last year with Spencer Brown and he had to play significant snaps. 

Just now, WindyCity said:

If the plan is to bridge to draft picks you need to draft the guys to be ready to take over.

The Bills did it last year with Spencer Brown and he had to play significant snaps. 

Brown was a 2nd round pick so yeah...my point is you don't need to bridge to guys this year if you sign these guys to two year deals...you can build slowly rather than having no patience and just wanting everything now…that historically has led to disaster for many teams.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Windy, the Bears are going to draft WR and OL anyways, probably at least 1 of each.  Pokes told you he was big on the 2nd and 3rd wave, 2nd wave won't really begin until after the weekend and 3rd wave is post draft.  Just chillax, if he goes into TC without answering dome of these questions burn him in effigy, but getting mad bc he is following the plan he told you ahead of time is just going to give you an ulcer

Waves don’t have to do with time. They have to do with talent and contact value. Tons of wave/tier 2 and 3 guys are signing right now for reasonable deals.

He isn’t following the plan he told you. He set the market at DT. Nothing about Ogunjobi is wave 2-3.

We can’t fix the offense in the draft alone. We need a minimum of 4 starters.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Brown was a 2nd round pick so yeah...my point is you don't need to bridge to guys this year if you sign these guys to two year deals...you can build slowly rather than having no patience and just wanting everything now…that historically has led to disaster for many teams.

Assuming the stop gap guys hold up.

There is a reason they are no longer locked in starters on long term deals. Age, injury, decline, all are why you can get them on 2 year deals.

If we are relying on stop gap veteran OLmen I would hope we draft a couple high to be ready to take over at some point in 2022 if neccassery.

Assuming the stop gap guys hold up.

There is a reason they are no longer locked in starters on long term deals. Age, injury, decline, all are why you can get them on 2 year deals.

If we are relying on stop gap veteran OLmen I would hope we draft a couple high to be ready to take over at some point in 2022 if neccassery.

AZ is right...there is no talking to you dude...you just need to have a little patience and stop thinking the world is falling down around you and everything is a negative.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Waves don’t have to do with time. They have to do with talent and contact value. Tons of wave/tier 2 and 3 guys are signing right now for reasonable deals.

He isn’t following the plan he told you. He set the market at DT. Nothing about Ogunjobi is wave 2-3.

We can’t fix the offense in the draft alone. We need a minimum of 4 starters.

No Windy, none of what you said is true, waves are 100% about time.   The first wave is the first week when all the big money deals are done, regardless if some smaller deals are signed as well.  The 2nd wave is AFTER all the big money FAs have signed.  That hasn't even come close to ending yet.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No Windy, none of what you said is true, waves are 100% about time.   The first wave is the first week when all the big money deals are done, regardless if some smaller deals are signed as well.  The 2nd wave is AFTER all the big money FAs have signed.  That hasn't even come close to ending yet.  

We went wave 1 for defense. I think we should have on the OL.

If you count Ted Karras making 6/season a wave 1 signing… then we should have done that.

At least we would have 1 spot that isn’t a massive question mark.

We went wave 1 for defense. I think we should have on the OL.

If you count Ted Karras making 6/season a wave 1 signing… then we should have done that.

At least we would have 1 spot that isn’t a massive question mark.

Al the signings to this point are wave 1 signings.  And the only wave one signing we made was for the one vital position we have in our new defense that we didn't already have a pretty good player at.  Idk what Poles is going to do.  Ik what he said he was going to do.  So far he is following his plan. Our team is now headed up by not 1 but 2 former D1 linemen.  Our OL will not be ignored.  Have some patience and wait for the plan to take shape before you jump off a ledge.

5 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Al the signings to this point are wave 1 signings.  And the only wave one signing we made was for the one vital position we have in our new defense that we didn't already have a pretty good player at.  Idk what Poles is going to do.  Ik what he said he was going to do.  So far he is following his plan. Our team is now headed up by not 1 but 2 former D1 linemen.  Our OL will not be ignored.  Have some patience and wait for the plan to take shape before you jump off a ledge.

If you were willing to do go wave 1 for a DT, I think you should have done it at a bigger need on the OL as well.

Mario Edward and Angelo Blackson are better than any of the guys we have on the interior OL right now.