Mock Drafts - We pick 7th

bucsfan333

56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Byron Maxwell and DRC are out there also.  There are plenty of starting safeties in free agency.  A good dline can cover up an average secondary.  Holes on the oline we have seen allows a lot of pressure on the QB keeping extra guys into block.  No push when rushing on 1st down led to way too many 2nd and 12.  When was the last time this team won consistently on both sides of the LOS?  Gruden era?

We're already better with our front seven. Hopefully.

I'd rather not end games next year like we did against Buffalo.

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Pewter Report said something about it the other day. But taking Nelson pretty much screws us. It pushes RB or CB/S to a day three pick. And I agree.

Well push RB to day three. CB is more important and would take one in the second round. Pick 104 could be traded up for a third to covet a RB.

Nelson/Oliver/Penny is plausible 

10 minutes ago, indifference said:

Well push RB to day three. CB is more important and would take one in the second round. Pick 104 could be traded up for a third to covet a RB.

Nelson/Oliver/Penny is plausible 

Then what about safety? Are we ready for another season of Conte?

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Then what about safety? Are we ready for another season of Conte?

I would rather go with Conte then a possible right side of the oline of Benenoch and Wester.  Considering Dotson s age and injury history, I can't expect him to go 16 games.  At least Tandy is also signed, they have absolute mediocrity at RB right now.  IMO, needs based upon position that I hoped get filled before Day 3 in priority order:

1.  Oline

2.  RB

3.  CB

3a.  Dline

4.  Safety

I want more pass rushers that are younger, I understand I m probably in the minority.  

IMO the ideal is go with BPA (big3, Ward, Fitz, James) or trade down and BPA anyway (Jackson, Guice, Hernandez) We have to much hole to fill in this draft.. OG, RB, CB, S, DL... Good thing We have a QB... 

I think we should draft according to who's expected to be available. Which would be:

Fitz/James in the first. If we can trade back and still get one of those two, it would be perfect. There's a HUGE drop off after those two. And we have a big hole back there.

RB/CB in the second/early third. This is where we'll hopefully have an extra pick from a trade down in the first. Otherwise, we'll have to trade a 2019 pick. 

Oline in the fourth. Cappa, Ragnow, Toth, J Jones, Quessenberry, and Clapp should all be available. Cappa's my favorite.

I think that would get us quality players at each position. 

I have a feeling we might be in play for McGlinchey.

Dotson is getting older and is coming off a significant injury, Smith is underrated, but hasn’t set the world on fire. We’ve no other tackles on the roster that inspire confidence...

Wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world, but it would definitely feel like a reach at 7.

9 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Dotson is getting older and is coming off a significant injury, Smith is underrated, but hasn’t set the world on fire. We’ve no other tackles on the roster that inspire confidence...

Wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world, but it would definitely feel like a reach at 7.

Nelson will be the pick next week.

Q, Jensen, and Marpet will be an elite interior for years to come.

30 minutes ago, indifference said:

Nelson will be the pick next week.

Q, Jensen, and Marpet will be an elite interior for years to come.

I sure hope this is how it plays out.  Securing the interior of the oline would allow average tackle play to  look good.  The tackles can just shove pass rushers to the outside and Winston can simply step up away from pressure.  The Payton era for the Saints has always been consistently stout from both guards and the center.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I sure hope this is how it plays out.  Securing the interior of the oline would allow average tackle play to  look good.  The tackles can just shove pass rushers to the outside and Winston can simply step up away from pressure.  The Payton era for the Saints has always been consistently stout from both guards and the center.

Need to able to run the football. Its fun as hell to watch Winston convert third and longs but its just not ideal. Winning football is ahead of the chains and Q would help. Red zone, 3rd down %, play action all goes up. 

13 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

If we're looking for Dotson replacement at RT, we don't need to waste a top ten pick.

We should look at Orlando Brown in round 2 or 3. He would be ideal fit there.

Archived