⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NYRaider said:

We should've drafted David Montgomery in the 3rd instead of Jacobs in the 1st.

Yeah well Drafting a RB in round 1 is a mistake most of the time.

The only RB I’ve felt worthy of a 1st in the past few years is Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, Nick Chubb, and Saquan Barkley.

You need to be an Absolute workhorse RB to be with a 1st And sadly Jacobs was never going to be that.  

• Like 1

What teams would be interested in trading for Carr?  What could we get for him?

ive always supported Carr and/or been of the mindset that I didn’t want to start another!! rebuild AND it would take a better option for me to move on from Carr.  I didn’t believe Jordan Love, etc was worth rebuilding.  I dont believe in trading 4-5 1sts for a QB you have to pay 35M+.  I also believe you need to have at least a good core in tact before you draft your QB of the future.  You only have 5 years of the rookie deal so you don’t want to be in year 3/4 before you have enough supporting talent to win.

this year there are no QBs I love.  I’d use a 2nd on Ridder or Strong if they were there but that pick works better if you keep Carr for 2022 then let him Walk.  I’d much rather start the rebuild this off-season and wait for 2023 and get our QB in Young @Alabama or Stroud @OSU etc.

that said..:. I’m of the believe that you trade Carr and rebuild this team.  Part of me wants to say “just draft Olave/Wilson to replace Ruggs and improve the OL later int he draft and in FA”….. but I think I’m just done with Carr.  I don’t think I was wrong about Carr being capable of bringing us to the playoffs.  I think without the Gruden and Ruggs incidents we’d make the playoffs.  It just didn’t work out that way though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

this year there are no QBs I love.  I’d use a 2nd on Ridder or Strong if they were there but that pick works better if you keep Carr for 2022 then let him Walk.  I’d much rather start the rebuild this off-season and wait for 2023 and get our QB in Young @Alabama or Stroud @OSU etc.

I've said it numerous times but I think the Saints are a logical fit and realistic trade partner. The Saints took a chance on Drew Brees when most thought he was meh and he was coming off of a serious shoulder surgery. They have a short window with guys like Alvin Kamara and Michael Thomas in their prime, Winston is hurt, and Taysom Hill isn't a starting quarterback. Their offense is built around the short passing game and I think Carr would be a perfect fit with Sean Payton. 

If we're going to draft a quarterback I'd prefer Kenny Pickett but I'd rather wait and just run with a veteran stop gap in 2022. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

What do you see him wanting?

edit:

better question: what do you see a potential contract to extend him looking like?  What would he likely agree to?

Because he's a 4th rounder and he has 0 cash, giving him a slightly more modest deal with a lower APY but good guaranteed $ would be good.

Actually I looked at spotrac and the high for edge rushers is 28 million for TJ Watt. I'd offer Crosby 4 years 72 million, which is 18 million per year and top 10 edge money, but i would guarantee 50 million of it, which is top 5. I think it would be hard to turn down that much guaranteed $ personally. 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

ive always supported Carr and/or been of the mindset that I didn’t want to start another!! rebuild AND it would take a better option for me to move on from Carr.  I didn’t believe Jordan Love, etc was worth rebuilding.  I dont believe in trading 4-5 1sts for a QB you have to pay 35M+.  I also believe you need to have at least a good core in tact before you draft your QB of the future.  You only have 5 years of the rookie deal so you don’t want to be in year 3/4 before you have enough supporting talent to win.

that said..:. I’m of the believe that you trade Carr and rebuild this team.  Part of me wants to say “just draft Olave/Wilson to replace Ruggs and improve the OL later int he draft and in FA”….. but I think I’m just done with Carr.  I don’t think I was wrong about Carr being capable of bringing us to the playoffs.  I think without the Gruden and Ruggs incidents we’d make the playoffs.  It just didn’t work out that way though.

I think we should do that, then look at QB's in the 2023 draft, but that's just me.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we should do that, then look at QB's in the 2023 draft, but that's just me.

The team looks like they've quit on Carr. He's on an expiring team friendly deal, if we're going to move on from him we should try to get some value back while we can.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Dude wasn't popping off many good runs last year either. 

The biggest problem I have with him on the field, though, is that Booker genuinely looked better to me last year than Jacobs when he got touches. Definitely more efficient. And this year, Drake and Barber have been about as efficient, if not more, than Jacobs in their limited touches. 

With our blocking, I don't expect magic, nor is Jacobs fast or quick enough to dazzle. But when everything is crap, I do at least expect a 1st round RB who many were pimping as a top 5 back in the league to look better than scrubs, and he really hasn't. Show me something that shows you truly deserve more touches than Peyton freaking Barber, ya know?  

I feel for all of our RBs to an extent, but man every single one of them just feel so easily replaceable, if not upgraded on, without much investment needed. 

Jacobs had more burst in college and has danced more this year. He's not showing us the gritty physicality that he did as a rookie and last year. Javonte Williams looks even better than rookie Jacobs and is showing that physicality. LOVE the way he runs, even though he plays for Denver. 

If we are going to throw mid round draft picks at RB's, we should go for ones with long speed. I am a pretty decent RB evaluator imho and my favorite guys who have hit (Kamara/Cook/Taylor) all have smooth running styles with burst/agility/some degree of long speed.

If we can find backs who are smooth and fast on day 2, they could give the backfield a nice pick me up.

Jacobs will get next year to show what he can do behind a better OL, but unless he looks a lot better than this year, I see no reason to resign him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The team looks like they've quit on Carr. He's on an expiring team friendly deal, if we're going to move on from him we should try to get some value back while we can.

I actually think he will bounce back in 2022 and have a higher trade value, providing us with the ability to look for a guy in 2023. That being said, I'm technically fine tanking next year if it nets us a good qb, but easier said than done. 

I would put $ on it that either Mark forces a Carr trade, or the new staff keeps him. That's just my theory.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jacobs had more burst in college and has danced more this year. He's not showing us the gritty physicality that he did as a rookie and last year. Javonte Williams looks even better than rookie Jacobs and is showing that physicality. LOVE the way he runs, even though he plays for Denver. 

If we are going to throw mid round draft picks at RB's, we should go for ones with long speed. I am a pretty decent RB evaluator imho and my favorite guys who have hit (Kamara/Cook/Taylor) all have smooth running styles with burst/agility/some degree of long speed.

If we can find backs who are smooth and fast on day 2, they could give the backfield a nice pick me up.

I think Jacobs is hurt to be honest, he just hasn't looked the same at all the entire season. Javonte Williams is an absolute missile, he's going to be one of the best backs in the league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I actually think he will bounce back in 2022 and have a higher trade value, providing us with the ability to look for a guy in 2023. That being said, I'm technically fine tanking next year if it nets us a good qb, but easier said than done. 

He's a free agent after next season though. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They look like They’ve quit in general.  
it wasn’t just Carr that matched the team out to the Chiefs logo to rally the team.  

While I do they most have quit on Carr it’s also that they’ve quit on the FO and coaches too.