⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The new front office and staff will make all the difference, guys that we have who fit Gus Bradley's scheme might not be great fits in the scheme of our new coaches. 

The DL is a scheme fit for anyone. Same with our secondary. Hard to see Hobbs/Hayward/Mullen/facyson not being good in the future.

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I wanted to say a division with Goff led Lions, the Bears, and the ineptitude of Mike Zimmer and the Vikings IR squad helps but....

The truth is, Green Bay's D looks like they're really pretty good regardless of who they play. Very impressive job, indeed.

Oops... I meant he is doing well. Green Bay has looked Super bowl caliber with that defense this season. 

55 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Good point. We lose in the trenches (particularly on the offensive side of the ball) so it magnifies the shortcomings elsewhere. This is why Carr has been so ineffective lately. With an OL this bad you need a mobile QB and a creative play caller to get things going and we have neither. 

I honestly don't think a mobile QB would be much better with this group. And, all things considered, Carr did move well in the Chiefs game and has all season.

The offense tries to mitigate the deficiencies with quick passes--Bisaccia said as much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I honestly don't think a mobile QB would be much better with this group. And, all things considered, Carr did move well in the Chiefs game and has all season.

The offense tries to mitigate the deficiencies with quick passes--Bisaccia said as much.

Wish we had a guy who on short passes could be an extension of the running game I suppose that’s Renfrow but Jacobs definitely ain’t it 

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Wish we had a guy who on short passes could be an extension of the running game I suppose that’s Renfrow but Jacobs definitely ain’t it 

I think Jacobs is a very good receiver at runningback. His main issue is hands, but once he does catch it, he does a very good job at turning quickly into runner--maybe that's the tradeoff for the drops. He's also a very good route runner.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think Jacobs is a very good receiver at runningback. His main issue is hands, but once he does catch it, he does a very good job at turning quickly into runner--maybe that's the tradeoff for the drops. He's also a very good route runner.

He has the hands but I don’t know he still looks too slow to me - Armchair  Scout 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

He doesn't have long speed. I think that's generally okay so long you have other explosive parts of the offense.

Yep. He’s a perfect grinder if you have a non bottom 5 OL and speed on offense. But he’s not going to provide you the spark by himself. He’s a lot like frank gore style wise. Which works but not with our current personnel.

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Even then, would he even be worth keeping? 

I doubt he's a better LB than Littleton or Deablo or Morrow, and I expect us to bring in a couple more bodies.

If we move him to LB, he's not an automatic starter, and this could be my own bias, but he's still a dumb penalty and/or injury waiting to happen. I'd let him compete for a spot, but his scholarship is expired, imo. 

A few weeks back I was thinking when we get a neW coach… if he doesn’t retain Bradley (which I hope isn’t the case) I’d like to see a young, innovative DC who runs a 3 Safety package with 2 high FS’s plus Abram As a hybrid S/LB.  I think a hybrid role is what He’s best suited for.

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Kirk Cousins and Jimmy Garoppolo will both be free agents in 2023 as well though so I don't think there will be a huge market for Carr. Guys like Matt Stafford and Baker Mayfield could hit the market as well. Along with a few other journeymen types like Daniel Jones, Taylor Heinicke, and Sam Darnold. Not to mention the 2023 QB crop looks like it will be significantly better then the 2022 class. 

The only veteran QB's that actually started games this year and will be free agents this spring are Jameis Winston (ACL), Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Cam Newton, Jacoby Brissett, and Andy Dalton. 

If we're going to move Carr I think this off-season is the time to do it. Wentz led the NFL in INT despite not even playing in the final 4 or 5 games and his contract was almost twice the size of Carrs, the Eagles still got a 1st round pick for him. I think it'd be much easier to sell Carr in an off-season with limited veteran QB on the market and a weak draft class versus next off-season when guys who are pretty similar to Carr in Jimmy G/Cousins will also be on the market. 

Thanks for the thought out response.  I wanted to get people’s insights before I gave my input… just to kind of help start the conversation…. Plus I was to beaten down by the loss to type anything major out.

This is the year to trade Carr… 100%!
1st…it’s fully apparent now that we need to rebuild: new HC and FO and big roster changes.

2nd:  Carr’s future with us always had a decision deadline to trade or extend for this year.  Either we extend him with one year left and spread the cap hit out or we trade him And hit reset.  The combination of the Team’s collapse and a new coaching staff coming In makes Carr staying very unlikely IMO.

3rd: I’ve always supported Carr and got into heated debates About it.  Personally, I like to Think I see him for what he is: a franchise QB on a great contract that does have his Flaws…. But also the best option at the moment.  I always said “show me a better option then” when defending Carr because I wasn’t glued to Carr (albeit i Did like him….. I mean he is our QB after all) but just didn’t see a better option to replace him with.

4th- Carr’s market should be really High for a series of reasons: very poor QB draft class, very poor FA QB market, cheap contract with no guaranteed money so he can play 1 year then be extended or extended and keep his current salary in ‘22 for a cap needy team.  

5th- Carr was playing at a MVP level before the Gruden and Ruggs debacle.  A team trading for his might see the good and excuse the bad as of late.

I think we could and would be able to get a ‘22 1st and ‘23 1st or ‘22 1st+2nd, if not slightly more.

I can see us picking 7-9.  It seems from the last game’s performance and Deablo’s Post game comments about practice the team has quit.  If NO, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or Washington would trade us #13-19 plus a next year’s 1st I’d definitely trade Carr…. And hope to draft down a few spots add then draft a WR (Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave) and CB (Ahmed Gardner or Andrew Booth) or DT (DeMarvin Leal or Jordan Davis) in the 1st.

Id sign a stop gap QB and end up picking in the top 5-10 and trading up if we had to secure a top 1-3 QB in ‘23.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The DL is a scheme fit for anyone. Same with our secondary. Hard to see Hobbs/Hayward/Mullen/facyson not being good in the future.

We have nothing on the interior DL and while Yannick/Maxx are excellent pass rushers they both struggle against the run, particularly Crosby. Hayward is going to be 33 years old and will be a free agent this off-season, plus he's a Bradley guy so will he even be back? I agree that Hobbs/Mullen/Moehrig are a fit for any scheme, Facyson has gotten picked on a lot in coverage so I don't see him as much more than a depth piece. 

“Personally I feel like a lot of people just, for lack of a better term just ‘fold,'” Deablo said, via Raiders Beat. “They’ll just lay down, come to practice not ready to practice. I know I’m a rookie but I don’t want my teammates to do that. I want to make sure they’re ready to practice and we bring that intensity every day.”

• Like 1