⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

I was listening to a podcast last night and the kid suggested that we trade Carr for a 1st/3rd and cut Kwit/Good. Once we settle Ruggs/Arnette's deals that would clear up another $8M in cap space and moving on from Kwit/Carr/Good would free up another $26M in cap space. 

So when a new GM takes over he could potentially have between $80-$90M in cap space and the following draft picks: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rds, 1 4th, 2 5ths, and 1 7th. 

That much draft capital and cap space would allow a major roster overhaul in one off-season.

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They are not cursed, just poorly ran. Hiring Gruden and giving him have full control of your franchise was not a curse, it was just a bad decision.

They had some talent in the group of players post JDR. And they had a QB which is ideal. Gruden broke it up, made some dud staff hires. Hired a yes man from TV to be his scout. Drafted poorly, made dumb FA signings and ultimately imploded. 

The curse is having an owner who is enamored with the wrong people in the sport.   

I'm all the coaches in the NFL there's only one coach that gets his emails brought up 10 years later.

There's only been one player I've ever seen in NFL history that has ever killed somebody in a car accident before Ruggs: Dante Stallworth

14 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm all the coaches in the NFL there's only one coach that gets his emails brought up 10 years later.

There's only been one player I've ever seen in NFL history that has ever killed somebody in a car accident before Ruggs: Dante Stallworth

We've had the worst luck this year.  I don't even want to talk about our team to other team's fans this season.  It isn't like we suck like the Lions, it's just that I'm so embarrassed of my team right now.  We legit hired a racist and our #1 WR just killed a woman.  It's all just so crappy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Ray Lewis

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I was listening to a podcast last night and the kid suggested that we trade Carr for a 1st/3rd and cut Kwit/Good. Once we settle Ruggs/Arnette's deals that would clear up another $8M in cap space and moving on from Kwit/Carr/Good would free up another $26M in cap space. 

So when a new GM takes over he could potentially have between $80-$90M in cap space and the following draft picks: 2 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rds, 1 4th, 2 5ths, and 1 7th. 

That much draft capital and cap space would allow a major roster overhaul in one off-season.

I’m of the opinion that we will be able to get a much stronger haul for Derek Carr than a 1st and a 3rd. Honestly I would rather just keep him than give him away for a 1st and a 3rd. Even solid franchise QB’s are a valuable commodity. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Depending on the DC I would hold off on cutting Kwiat.  If GB comes back then yes cut him.  You save the same amount cutting Nassib or Perryman also.  Who is kept and who goes will all come down to scheme with those types of players.  For $4 million I am keeping Good.  There was no drop off in play at LG when Incognito went down last year.  That amount is a bargain for an above average LG.  Carr will be dependent on the coach also.  I would love to see how the team plays with MM because if he did well I would sign him to a 2 year deal as a bridge QB and draft a QBOTF this year.  Worst case scenario is MM gets hurt, which is a risk for him, and your rookie steps in.  Would not be ideal but would happen eventually.  I do not think this team makes the playoffs this year or next so I would be preparing for 2023.  Problem is the staff knows they are gone on the offensive side of the ball so They are not going to do what is best for the future.  They will do what is easiest and makes them look better for their next job.  

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Depending on the DC I would hold off on cutting Kwiat.  If GB comes back then yes cut him.  You save the same amount cutting Nassib or Perryman also.  Who is kept and who goes will all come down to scheme with those types of players.  For $4 million I am keeping Good.  There was no drop off in play at LG when Incognito went down last year.  That amount is a bargain for an above average LG.  Carr will be dependent on the coach also.  I would love to see how the team plays with MM because if he did well I would sign him to a 2 year deal as a bridge QB and draft a QBOTF this year.  Worst case scenario is MM gets hurt, which is a risk for him, and your rookie steps in.  Would not be ideal but would happen eventually.  I do not think this team makes the playoffs this year or next so I would be preparing for 2023.  Problem is the staff knows they are gone on the offensive side of the ball so They are not going to do what is best for the future.  They will do what is easiest and makes them look better for their next job.  

Kwit has only played 66 defensive snaps the entire season and is injury prone, I don't really see the value in bringing him back at $8.2M. Especially since Littleton's deal is fully guaranteed at $15M, $23M is a lot of cap space for subpar LB play. Good is about average for a starting guard but he's also coming off of a torn ACL. 

Greg Olson might get a job at the local community college. Tom Cable should be banned for life.

57 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m of the opinion that we will be able to get a much stronger haul for Derek Carr than a 1st and a 3rd. Honestly I would rather just keep him than give him away for a 1st and a 3rd. Even solid franchise QB’s are a valuable commodity. 

We should be able to get a solid return for Carr. The issue with keeping him is that you may have to extend him. I know that Carr is a team first guy but if he's smart he could potentially hold out unless he receives an extension. He'll be 31 going into next season and this will likely be the last time in his career that he'll ever be able to get a large contract. If he plays out the last year of his deal and gets hurt he could potentially cost himself $130M+

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kwit has only played 66 defensive snaps the entire season and is injury prone, I don't really see the value in bringing him back at $8.2M. Especially since Littleton's deal is fully guaranteed at $15M, $23M is a lot of cap space for subpar LB play. Good is about average for a starting guard but he's also coming off of a torn ACL. 

Greg Olson might get a job at the local community college. Tom Cable should be banned for life.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the torn acl for Good it was week 1 and he’s not too old. Seriously why am I hearing cable in Grudens ear telling him to get rid of the veterans on his line that it will be all ok

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you could get Kwiat's play from last year for $3 million would you take it.  His problem now is scheme fit.  I am not saying keep him or cut him.  I am saying if there is a new system and he fits he is seen as a $3 million dollar LB.  As for Littleton I would move on from him.  Littleton's contract is interesting.  He has a dead cap hit of $14 but cost $15 million for the year.  You would think you are only saving $1 million but you are actually saving $12.  The $14 million is his restructure bonus which we have to pay anyways over the next few years.  If we do not cut him we end up paying $26 million.  Would you rather pay $14 million to cut him or $26 million for one year.  Same thing for Littleton.  Is he worth $12 for one year.  Good was better than average at LG.  Incognito was seen as a top LG in 2019 and when Good started at LG in 2020 he played to the same level.  The injury is a red flag but it is not something he is known for.  If he comes back healthy $4 million is a great deal.  

If I am the new GM I look at everyone's contracts without the guaranteed money to make my decisions.  Sum up all the guaranteed money and subtract it from the cap and build out from there.  If you get rid of Kwiat, Littleton, and Nassib you are starting fresh, with the exception of Ngakoue, for 2023.  2022 is a lost season to me already.  Just looked at Nassib and Kwiat's contract and they are structured the same way so cut them also.   We will be paying Ngakoue for the next four years also but I want to keep him.  So I would extend him.  I hate the credit card mentality when it comes to building a team.  It will get you into salary cap hell but Gruden did not care.

12 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about the torn acl for Good it was week 1 and he’s not too old. Seriously why am I hearing cable in Grudens ear telling him to get rid of the veterans on his line that it will be all ok

That is why I said we need to get rid of Cable also when we all discussed getting rid of Guenther a couple years ago.  Cable is the #1 reason for our O-line issues.  He thinks he is better than he is and Gruden would listen to him.

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We should be able to get a solid return for Carr. The issue with keeping him is that you may have to extend him. I know that Carr is a team first guy but if he's smart he could potentially hold out unless he receives an extension. He'll be 31 going into next season and this will likely be the last time in his career that he'll ever be able to get a large contract. If he plays out the last year of his deal and gets hurt he could potentially cost himself $130M+

I think more than that.  I think he get a 5 year $165 million deal and that is a hometown discount.  If he is traded I could see him getting a lot more than that.  That is another reason why we should trade.  His extension would be more than what Renfrow, Waller, and Crosby would cost on extensions.  I would give a superstar QB that money but not Carr.  It could be that we are the problem and not Carr but no way of know without changing the QB.  If I am Davis I tell the coaching staff I want to see MM play.  If MM fails you might need to extend Carr and improve the team but if MM plays well then it might be time to move on.  I do not think MM is more talented than Carr but I do think MM has a good chance of having a better outcome.