⏰ to completely clean house

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Exactly. 

No worse than commentators or the public referring to players by dumb, unfunny nicknames like "Nuk", "D-Jax", "A-Rod", "Big D¡ck Nick", etc.

hqg GIF

I shall henceforth refer to him only as Mr. Leatherwood 🙄

This forum has had some terrific ones for underachieving players. JaWalrus, Glass Shilens, (DHB) Drop Hella Balls. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

This forum has had some terrific ones for underachieving players. JaWalrus, Glass Shilens, (DHB) Drop Hella Balls. 

I was just about to edit my last one to include JaWalrus. 

As far as I'm aware, that's a common nickname for him even amongst locals in Mobile (he's from Prichard, just north of Mobile). When I was in school over there, every football fan I met called him that lol. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I don't see how someone's emails getting pool from 10 years ago has anything to do with the franchise that hired him

It doesn't. You are saying "the Raiders are cursed". I'm saying no, they are dysfunctional.

A functional franchise with good leadership does not hire a retread coach, out of football for a decade who was a terrible talent evaluator and give them keys to the franchise in the first place. 

The Raiders are not "cursed" because his email came out. They are dysfunctional because they hired him to begin with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I was just about to edit my last one to include JaWalrus. 

As far as I'm aware, that's a common nickname for him even amongst locals in Mobile (he's from Prichard, just north of Mobile). When I was in school over there, every football fan I met called him that lol. 

How immature, someone should roll their eyes at them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It doesn't. You are saying "the Raiders are cursed". I'm saying no, they are dysfunctional.

A functional franchise with good leadership does not hire a retread coach, out of football for a decade who was a terrible talent evaluator and give them keys to the franchise in the first place. 

The Raiders are not "cursed" because his email came out. They are dysfunctional because they hired him to begin with.

I am referring specifically to the emails after 10 years and a receiver with no history of stupidity killing someone over a bye week. 

If you think of some of the worst historical franchises ever like lions & Browns you've never seen either of the two happen

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Cables offensive line was good when there was talent but what’s happening in LV was the same thing that happened in Seattle. For years they tried to fix the line on the cheap and we’re seeing the results of that with Seattle having one of the worst seasons in years. 

So you give him a bunch of high paid talented players and he is a good coach.  4-5 o-linemen were pro bolers before he got here.  He makes stupid decisions and gets what he wants.  He had Gruden's ear and screwed up.  HIs wanting to move LTs to the RT has created so many issues.  I have zero sympathy for him.  He has made this team worse.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

After the bye week we've had one good offensive game and that was against an undermanned Cowboys team on Thanksgiving. In the other 5 games our offense has averaged 13.4 ppg and didn't score more than 16 points in any of those games. There's really no reason to extend Carr at this point regardless of what happens the rest of the season.

The offense was not bad and then stuff fell apart.  You can not put everything on Carr but you can not know what is his fault until you see something different.

25 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The offense was not bad and then stuff fell apart.  You can not put everything on Carr but you can not know what is his fault until you see something different.

You absolutely can. The main issues on offense are (1) the right side of the offensive line, (2) no push in the run game, and (3) lack of receiving talent outside of Renfrow (limited to routes 0-15 yards), Ruggs (jail), and Waller (injured).

As long as the Raiders still have a shot at the playoffs, they should try and get there by starting their best players. To me, Carr is clearly much better than Mariota.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

You absolutely can. The main issues on offense are (1) the right side of the offensive line, (2) no push in the run game, and (3) lack of receiving talent outside of Renfrow (limited to routes 0-15 yards), Ruggs (jail), and Waller (injured).

As long as the Raiders still have a shot at the playoffs, they should try and get there by starting their best players. To me, Carr is clearly much better than Mariota.

Not saying MM can keep it up but he has played as well if not better than Carr when on the field.  I would say Carr is a main issue also.  If you just look at the last 2 drives in the WFT game Carr deserves a lot of the blame.  He has also shown bad decision making during this stretch run.  Carr's shortcoming become very obvious when he does not have his team at full strength.  This has been a trend his entire career.  Do you really want a QB that is a pro bowl caliber QB if and only if the team around him is 100%.  At the current moment we are very far from being 100% and I do believe that MM gives us a better shot at winning right now with the current roster. 

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Not saying MM can keep it up but he has played as well if not better than Carr when on the field.  I would say Carr is a main issue also.  If you just look at the last 2 drives in the WFT game Carr deserves a lot of the blame.  He has also shown bad decision making during this stretch run.  Carr's shortcoming become very obvious when he does not have his team at full strength.  This has been a trend his entire career.  Do you really want a QB that is a pro bowl caliber QB if and only if the team around him is 100%.  At the current moment we are very far from being 100% and I do believe that MM gives us a better shot at winning right now with the current roster. 

Isn't that most QBs? 

Not to nitpick, but name a Pro Bowl QB that routinely plays with this little talent around them? 

Our 100% is a good team's 75-80% if we're generous. 

People always talk about "elevating talent", but outside of Brady, how many of the "greats" have had little to work with? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Isn't that most QBs? 

Not to nitpick, but name a Pro Bowl QB that routinely plays with this little talent around them? 

Our 100% is a good team's 75-80% if we're generous. 

People always talk about "elevating talent", but outside of Brady, how many of the "greats" have had little to work with? 

Aaron Rodgers had nothing outside of Adams for a 3-4 year stretch. Luck didn’t have much beyond T.Y. Hilton (maybe Donte Moncrief?) for a several year stretch. 

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Aaron Rodgers had nothing outside of Adams for a 3-4 year stretch. Luck didn’t have much beyond T.Y. Hilton (maybe Donte Moncrief?) for a several year stretch. 

Rodgers had Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Nelson up to 2011 when they added Cobb to the group. In 2012 they added Finley at TE.  2013 was a lean year with just Jones, Nelson, and Cobb to rely on. In 14 they added Adams. 2016 was Cobb, Nelson, and added Cook at TE.  2018 they added MVS and Lazard and Graham and Lewis. 

Yes, Rodgers could've always used "more" weaponry than he ultimately got, but the cupboard was never bare. 

Luck walked into Wayne, Hilton, Allen, Fleener and then got (albeit old) Andre Johnson. Again, never the greatest lineups, but hardly a bare cupboard to work with.

I'll give that Luck very well may have pulled them above the sum of their parts, but he was also hailed as one of the best prospects of all time and a once in a lifetime talent.