Week 15: Packers @ Ravens. POSTGAME: Packers WIN 31-30, Improve to 11-3 & win the NFC North Title!

FAH1223

1 hour ago, craig said:

On the 2-point to Andrews that did NOT succeed, that was NOT a well-thrown ball by Huntley.  Had he not thrown it behind Andrews, that could have been another clutch catch.  I did wonder whether a side-line pass was the best call in that situation?  It gave Huntley the opportunity to buy time and roll out.  But in a sense, the Packers didn't need to cover the outside because the boundary was doing so.  I almost wonder if Andrews would have been better served to be more inside.  If Savage is on left hip, Huntley could throw towards the right, and vice versa.  Plus with Andrews pulling traffic over there, *IF* Huntley had elected to cut it upfield and try to dive it in himself, there were defenders in the end-zone who might have hypothetically been able explode forward and hit him before he got in.  If Andrews had pulled the traffic more inside, Huntley might have had better choice between run or pass, depending.  

I thought the decision to go for two was flawed.  First off .. they were the home team .. secondly .. It wasn't like they were struggling to move the ball .. thirdly they had just come off holding the Packers to a three and out. That was also a questionable play call on a critical 2-point play as it asked the backup QB to deliver an on the run and on target strike.  I just thought there was a lot wrong with that whole scenario .. glad they botched it and handed us victory. 

And another thing .. Crosby and our field goal operation is anything but smooth.  Even if Rodgers gets them down there there's a strong chance Crosby shanks one. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I thought the decision to go for two was flawed.  First off .. they were the home team .. secondly .. It wasn't like they were struggling to move the ball .. thirdly they had just come off holding the Packers to a three and out. That was also a questionable play call on a critical 2-point play as it asked the backup QB to deliver an on the run and on target strike.  I just thought there was a lot wrong with that whole scenario .. glad they botched it and handed us victory.  

I thought they were going to run the same play they ran last week to prove they could because Harbaugh is that kind of a guy and he basically did run it. To the same person just a Different route. His ego cost them a game in my opinion.

20 hours ago, BAM said:

They are last year's champion, a great achievement, but irrelevant in regards to this season. Winning or losing this season is all that matters, no extra points awarded, no special seeding, no home field advantage.

Same can be said about us...Two NFCCG's in a row doesn't automatically guarantee a third....

10 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Same can be said about us...Two NFCCG's in a row doesn't automatically guarantee a third....

I don't think anyone is even saying that. I feel like it's pushback against the idea that Tampa is some UNSTOPPABLE JUGGERNAUT when they weren't last year, and they aren't this year either. 

My hopes for GB more or less rest on getting some, hopefully all, of our elite talent healthy for the playoffs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I don't think anyone is even saying that. I feel like it's pushback against the idea that Tampa is some UNSTOPPABLE JUGGERNAUT when they weren't last year, and they aren't this year either. 

My hopes for GB more or less rest on getting some, hopefully all, of our elite talent healthy for the playoffs. 

To be honest, I'm not quite sure from an offensive standpoint that GB is even playing up to the level they were last year....Certainly feel different however from the point of the defense....This team is also two missed plays away from being 9-5....TB doesn't have to be a juggernaut, just a bad match up....NO wasn't a better team than TB, but just a poor match up....

8 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

To be honest, I'm not quite sure from an offensive standpoint that GB is even playing up to the level they were last year....Certainly feel different however from the point of the defense....This team is also two missed plays away from being 9-5....TB doesn't have to be a juggernaut, just a bad match up....NO wasn't a better team than TB, but just a poor match up....

Yeah. They were bad matchups twice with NO and also against the Rams and WFT. Change a couple of plays in the TB vs Dallas, New England and Buffalo games and we're looking at a 7-7 Bucs team scrambling to make the playoffs.