Week 14 Overreactions: The "Tyler Huntley is better than Lamar Jackson" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

This pearl clutching by ravens fans with the officiating from yesterday is hilarious when you consider some of the calls that went in their favor. Move on. You lost. Neither team is all that great this year. The same fans that defended Ray Lewis his whole career are up in arms about some popcorn being thrown at their players. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

This pearl clutching by ravens fans with the officiating from yesterday is hilarious when you consider some of the calls that went in their favor. Move on. You lost. Neither team is all that great this year. The same fans that defended Ray Lewis his whole career are up in arms about some popcorn being thrown at their players. 

Makes my complaint about officiating not look like an overreaction by comparison.

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

"some of the calls that went in our favor" like what? We've discussed the OPI on Bateman, anything else? You had 4 flags against you, surely it shouldn't be hard.

But yeah, pearl clutching and all that...

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"some of the calls that went in our favor" like what? We've discussed the OPI on Bateman, anything else? You had 4 flags against you, surely it shouldn't be hard.

But yeah, pearl clutching and all that...

I mean clearly that was a bad call. Just like an offensive pass interference that directly led to a ravens touchdown.

Oh and this acknowledgment by your resident officiating expert. 

So yeah, an onside kick recover that shouldn’t have happened also.

The narrative by Ravens fans in this one is funny.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I mean clearly that was a bad call. Just like an offensive pass interference that directly led to a ravens touchdown.

But the refs appears to be the one telling him what to do there? You can't tell a player to do something and then flag him for doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

just like what @jrry32 said, watch the players all looking at the ref trying to get lined up. How are you going to flag players for the ref being incompetent? lol

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

just like what @jrry32 said, watch the players all looking at the ref trying to get lined up. How are you going to flag players for the ref being incompetent? lol

Look, we aren’t the ones bellyaching about bad calls in this game. I’m just giving you evidence of the ravens getting a couple huge breaks that never should’ve happened, since Baltimore fans are despondent over PI calls against them. As I said, the two teams, neither of which are great, split the season. They played two close games. If Ravens fans want to be up in arms thinking they were victims in this game it’s totally fine and you guys can continue to live with that belief. Even if you want to make an argument that they should have been rewarded with recovering that onside kick with an illegal formation, regardless of the situation, you still have an egregious push off that directly resulted in a touchdown. To me, that’s neither here nor there. We both watched the game and saw the deficiencies on both sides. Even so, the Ravens got their final chance after the onside recovery and had a pretty terrible four play possession. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

But the refs appears to be the one telling him what to do there? You can't tell a player to do something and then flag him for doing it.

I get the logic here. I’m just countering an argument that is a total fallacy by Ravens fans, regarding the refs having anything to do with the end result of this game. It’s a silly argument, for anyone that watched.

42 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Look, we aren’t the ones bellyaching about bad calls in this game. I’m just giving you evidence of the ravens getting a couple huge breaks that never should’ve happened, since Baltimore fans are despondent over PI calls against them. As I said, the two teams, neither of which are great, split the season. They played two close games. If Ravens fans want to be up in arms thinking they were victims in this game it’s totally fine and you guys can continue to live with that belief. Even if you want to make an argument that they should have been rewarded with recovering that onside kick with an illegal formation, regardless of the situation, you still have an egregious push off that directly resulted in a touchdown. To me, that’s neither here nor there. We both watched the game and saw the deficiencies on both sides. Even so, the Ravens got their final chance after the onside recovery and had a pretty terrible four play possession. 

kinda says a lot that we were down 24-3 with our backup QB and the refs penalizing us 4x as much as y'all and we still almost won lol

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

kinda says a lot that we were down 24-3 with our backup QB and the refs penalizing us 4x as much as y'all and we still almost won lol

Dude grow up nobody cares about your near comeback win 😂 You guys would’ve gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for those meddling refs!

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yup...the refs are in on it, taking orders from the Vegas mothership--gotta beat that spread. That's pretty clear.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Your team is the most propped-up team in the league by bad calls (except maybe Pittsburgh). You guys deserved 10x as many penalties, but some refs cheat for you guys, so there's that 🤷‍♂️.

42 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

nobody cares about your entire team. congrats on your superbowl win go throw some more food at our players.

Next time I'm dumping a whole lasagna (in the baking dish) on your RB1.

• Like 2

Y'all should be more worried about the prescience of this thread:

WR1  LT   LG   C   RG   RT  TE1      WR2

Huntley

Lamar (covered in lasagna) 

Freeman

could be dynamic look from Roman

Edited by NudeTayne

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Just have to say this to Ravens fans

You aint seen nuthin' yet