Week 14 Overreactions: The "Tyler Huntley is better than Lamar Jackson" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

Refs should be fined at least 1/2 of the check for that game if they miss calls that could have lead to injuries like hits to the head and facemask calls. Matt Ryan was face-masked egregiously on a two-point conversion and it wasn't called at all. The rule is literally about player safety and if I was Matt AND the Falcons, I'd file a grievance against the ref crew for that.

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

After all of the calls that you guys got yesterday, you're going to post this like it's some example of us getting favorable officiating?

The referee is clearly not giving Chuck Clark clear directions, because Clark is seen the entire time trying to tell the ref where he's lining up. It would be pretty hilarious to see a referee suck at his job and then flag a player who is trying to tell the ref what he's doing.

Furthermore, did Chuck Clark recover this onside kick because he was offsides? No. Did us recovering this kick lead to any points? No. Was the officiating yesterday clearly favored towards Cleveland? Yes.

8 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

thank you ET, appreciated.

What can I say... I love my job.

if you could enlighten me how that specific call influenced the outcome of the game?

I have no dog in the fight, so I'll let you talk it out - but given your first post on P1 was going on how bad the Browns were in their WIN against the Ravens (and how you've continued to escalate that point) I have no choice but to recognize the hypocrisy in you calling someone else insecure.

Let's go to the tape, shall we?

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

it only took them a bye between a h2h, an injury to the starting QB of their opponent and some questionable calls by the zebras to squeeze out a win at home. The Browns are back! Watch out AFC

Take note of the poorly executed sarcasm (a staple of your game, actually) and how you're saying "Watch out AFC" when pretty much everyone understands the Browns aren't exactly a threat.

But hey, we all deal with grief in our own way. You deal with it with a heaping handful of insecurity - ain't no shame in your game, child!

PM pls so we do not derail this thread any further, right, Mod?

Hey, I'm trying to talk about football - you're the one trying to talk trash (very poorly at that). So if I HAVE to put on my Mod hat (which, I don't mind - I do love my job!) I'd have to ask you to quit trolling.

So... quit trolling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

My thoughts? Once a team changes up their gameplan, he can't counterpunch. This could be a function of the least creative coaching staff in football or a sign that Mills might have already hit his peak; Nonetheless, we will get an idea on who Davis Mills is next season...

I saw Davis Mills as the best QB in the Draft who wasn't going in Round 1. Due to his inexperience, he's raw with his reads, which leads to mistakes when defenses disguise well. But I always said that he reminded me of Sam Bradford. What I meant by that is that all of the arm talent and passing ability is there. He's just risk adverse and injury prone (to this point).

Just now, jrry32 said:

He's just risk adverse and injury prone (to this point).

He's still very risk averse - but I actually think that's less him and more a dysfunction of OC Tim Kelly.

When Mills gets into a no-huddle/two minute situation, he actually looks very passable, he's very decisive and quick thinking. I think it's because he's making the decisions, not Kelly or David Culley.

I don't think this current iteration of the Texans will have the support structure necessary to allow Mills to develop, and his status as a mid round pick will mean he never gets a chance to start anywhere outside of the Texans - but in the right circumstances with the right coaching, he could be a good QB IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Hahahahahahaha

https://www.nflpenalties.com/game/baltimore-ravens-at-cleveland-browns-12-12-2021

Let me just quote this for you:

The Baltimore Ravens committed 10 penalties for 125 yards. They were flagged a total of 13 times.

The Cleveland Browns committed 4 penalties for 42 yards. They were flagged a total of 7 times.

Shall we go through each penalty?

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

https://www.nflpenalties.com/game/baltimore-ravens-at-cleveland-browns-12-12-2021

Let me just quote this for you:

Shall we go through each penalty?

So penalty discrepancy is your big complaint? That's to be expected in some games and hardly an outlier. Let's go over that OPI that wasn't called yesterday on that catch at the goal line from Bateman. 

Or, here's a more plausible explanation:

The referees sucked yesterday in general. Just like they sucked when the Browns were screwed against the Chargers (thanks for that apology NFL, that really helps in the standings), or the missed delay of game that led to a Tucker game winning field goal against the Lions, etc.

I think NFL officiating is absolutely reprehensible, and yesterday was no exception. It was also hardly one sided.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

So penalty discrepancy is your big complaint? That's to be expected in some games and hardly an outlier. Let's go over that OPI that wasn't called yesterday on that catch at the goal line from Bateman. 

It's the discrepancy and also the calls they were making against Baltimore.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Or, here's a more plausible explanation:

The referees sucked yesterday in general. Just like they sucked when the Browns were screwed against the Chargers (thanks for that apology NFL, that really helps in the standings), or the missed delay of game that led to a Tucker game winning field goal against the Lions, etc.

I think NFL officiating is absolutely reprehensible, and yesterday was no exception. It was also hardly one sided.

NFL officiating has sucked this year, that is absolutely true. Yesterday, however, it was entirely lopsided in favor of Cleveland for the entire game. There's only one "call" we "got" and it was the OPI on Bateman, but that doesn't negate that 5+ or so calls you guys got that were just egregiously horrible.