2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

7 hours ago, P_locniners said:

The reason I say we sign both is we have the Cap space to sign Johnson for a long term (4-5 ur deal) and Sherman to a very short term prove it deal. Witherspoon hasn't solidified a starting spot, he was just better than what we had. He is talented, but if we can get Johnson on one side and let Sherman compete for the second spot with Witherspoon, that's a no brainer. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it's a possibility. I just don't see the Niners not signing another Cb after they sign Sherman with his recent health issues

They'll probably just draft one. 

7 hours ago, P_locniners said:

The reason I say we sign both is we have the Cap space to sign Johnson for a long term (4-5 ur deal) and Sherman to a very short term prove it deal. Witherspoon hasn’t solidified a starting spot, he was just better than what we had. He is talented, but if we can get Johnson on one side and let Sherman compete for the second spot with Witherspoon, that’s a no brainer. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, but it’s a possibility. I just don’t see the Niners not signing another Cb after they sign Sherman with his recent health issues

I'd only do that if we were a contender for the superbowl this year. I don't think anyone has any illusion of it being the case. Let Spoon develop. That's the best investment we can make.

There is clearly something with Brown that us making the coaching staff and FO hesitant of fully committing to him long term. It may be that he isn't always in the best shape or he just has bad work ethic or they question his toughness. But it is clear Shanny does rate his pass blocking abilities. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There is clearly something with Brown that us making the coaching staff and FO hesitant of fully committing to him long term. It may be that he isn't always in the best shape or he just has bad work ethic or they question his toughness. But it is clear Shanny does rate his pass blocking abilities. 

I can see him being an Anthony David part 2. I'd be worried about signing him to a deal too. 

8 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Supposedly we are the most likely landing spot for Allen Robinson.

Source? I’ve seen us and the Jets as the two teams that were going to go hard after him, but that was a week ago.

24 minutes ago, Geek said:

So do free-agent negotiations start tonight? Will we have plenty of news about top tier FA by tomorrow afternoon?

Tonight/tomorrow at midnight we may start getting word

Archived