2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Will be a bit of a surprise if we end up with Norwell. 

With Miller, hard to know if he means he's hearing that from inside sources with the team or league, or if he's just reading other people's Twitter feeds lol. Because if it's the latter, I could have told you that Mr Miller 

On a scale of 1-10, how likely is it that our approach to convincing free agents to sign here is emailing them a reasonable contract offer attached to Jimmy G's headshot with the caption "this could be your quarterback" 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

On a scale of 1-10, how likely is it that our approach to convincing free agents to sign here is emailing them a reasonable contract offer attached to Jimmy G's headshot with the caption "this could be your quarterback" 

10...I thought that’s what Lynch was doing already?! If not, we need to make some changes and update those emails and resend! 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Long day at work today. Anything stand out today? I saw a couple pages back we are interested in Norwell and Murphy, is there any other names being thrown around?

There were reports that we were in on Dion Lewis. I can't remember anything coming out today about us really being into A-rob. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmy G may be to us a top-tier QB, but I'm not so sure he's earned that status from many around the League just yet.  

14 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Long day at work today. Anything stand out today? I saw a couple pages back we are interested in Norwell and Murphy, is there any other names being thrown around?

"In addition to signing punter Jeff Locke, the 49ers also announced that running back Raheem Mostert signed his one-year exclusive rights tender" -mercury news

Slow day.

For not starting a single game 2 years ago, Trent Murphy, had 9 sacks 2 that season Interesting. 

3 years ago he had started 15 games and had 3.5 sacks. 

Edit: thanks for the correction oldman9er

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MurpTr00.htm

We need pass rushers. Still hoping to trade for Eagles Brandon Graham, but that seem unilely even with The Eagles cap space. 

9 minutes ago, Gravity said:

"In addition to signing punter Jeff Locke, the 49ers also announced that running back Raheem Mostert signed his one-year exclusive rights tender" -mercury news

Slow day.

Definitely a no brainier if for nothing else than his special teams play

Archived