2018 NFL Free Agents Thread

DirtyJersey9er

13 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

IF Nelson is there and we pass on him, that would be a tragedy. Doesn't matter who we signed in FA.

Agreed, but I've convinced myself he'll be long gone by then if only so that I don't have to think about that madness 

58 minutes ago, Uncle_Rico said:

As far as RB's go I think Jerick McKinnon is a good fit for Shanny's system. Fast, explosive, and good hands. Wouldn't be surprised if we get him on a reasonable deal. 

I actually don't see him as a great fit despite the qualities you listed. He doesn't have good feet nor vision. Not a natural running back Imo more of an athlete than a running back. 

I feel very confident our running back will be Dion Lewis or a rookie. (please be Sony Michel)

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

I actually don't see him as a great fit despite the qualities you listed. He doesn't have good feet nor vision. Not a natural running back Imo more of an athlete than a running back. 

I feel very confident our running back will be Dion Lewis or a rookie. (please be Sony Michel)

I'm actually right there with you regarding the second part. I think Lewis or rookie as wwell. 

Well, as much as I loved the idea of Getting AR15, I think that was an overpay. Makes it a slightly easier pill to swallow. Also helps getting Richburg. I was more partial to Jensen, but Richburg is a really good add. 

I think we'll probably be pretty calm from here on out, maybe one more biggish name. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Well, as much as I loved the idea of Getting AR15, I think that was an overpay. Makes it a slightly easier pill to swallow. Also helps getting Richburg. I was more partial to Jensen, but Richburg is a really good add. 

I think we'll probably be pretty calm from here on out, maybe one more biggish name. 

Yeah, I don't think we are landing any big name either. I think Trent Murphy and Dion Lewis are legit possibilities. Some other depth signing types. Still wouldn't be shocked by Taylor Gabriel. 

Given what the Chiefs gave Sammy though, AR15 was almost a bargain lol. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think we are landing any big name either. I think Trent Murphy and Dion Lewis are legit possibilities. Some other depth signing types. Still wouldn't be shocked by Taylor Gabriel. 

Given what the Chiefs gave Sammy though, AR15 was almost a bargain lol. 

Yeah, the Sammy contract was shocking. Clearly the NFL is higher on him than the rest of the pundits.  People still feel he can live up to that #3 billing.  I mean, I wouldn't have hated getting AR15 at that number, still. But It's a lot more understandable that they passed on him with that number. If he signed with someone else for like 11/12 I would have been furious. 

Paul Richardson got a huge deal too. Moncrief will be interesting to watch. 

16 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't agree that he doesn't have good feet. I'll agree that his vision isn't great but his pass catching skills are phenomenal out of the backfield and he's explosive as any back in the league. 

He's a converted QB and I think this is when he's finally starting to learn to be a RB. I think people don't realize how athletic he is. He had a top 5 combine for a RB ever.

But fair take, I'd also love Michel or Lewis. Just think McKinnon is what Shanny looks for. Don't have a strong preference who we end up with.

I'm fine withe the approach 49ers are taking. I just want some capable starters in the draft/FA to fill the holes: Rb, Slot Cb, OG, pass rusher, Linebackers. 

If Jimmy GQ is the answer, he can hide alot of holes on the team. 

Archived