Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Harbaugh is expected to go to the Dolphins, bro.

Since when? Been watching games all day. Yesterday was Jim/Vikings rumors all day.  

Dolphins is a much better gig than the Vikings. That is a very good roster. And I’m one of the few on here that thinks Tua can still develop into a great QB. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, Forge said:

That was never the argument

If you're Harbaugh where do you realistically think you have a better chance to win right away? With Tua and Co in the AFC South battling the Pats/Bills? Or with Kirk and Co in the NFC north (Rodgers likely gone) battling the Lions/Bears/Packers.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Since when? Been watching games all day. Yesterday was Jim/Vikings rumors all day.  

Dolphins is a much better gig than the Vikings. That is a very good roster. And I’m one of the few on here that thinks Tua can still develop into a great QB. 

I swear I saw earlier on Rotoworld. I was checking to see if Trent Williams was going to play.

Edited by jrry32

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If you're Harbaugh where do you realistically think you have a better chance to win right away? With Tua and Co in the AFC South battling the Pats/Bills? Or with Kirk and Co in the NFC north (Rodgers likely gone) battling the Lions/Bears/Packers.

I don't love either lol.

I do like Minnesota more than Miami for at least the short term though

Just now, NYRaider said:

Pats/Bills are going to regress without McDaniels/Daboll/Dorsey. AFC East is wide open. And the Dolphin Roster is very good. Plus Tua can still be developed and way cheaper than Kirk. You are gonna have to get rid of Kirk somehow. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Isn't their owner a huge Michigan booster that said he wouldn't pursue Harbaugh?

Yes, Ross is a Michigan graduate. The story about Miami was posted a page or two ago, but the source is sketchy. 

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

McDaniels was actually pushing for the Patriots to try and trade for Carr last offseason. When the Broncos miss on Rodgers, do they go for Jimmy G?

The debate goes as follows: 

1.  All DEN beat reporters say it’s A-ARod / Wilson as plan A & B.  And there is no official plan C until both options are out.  

2.  With pick 1.9 the debate then becomes QB vs 2nd tier vet - but it’s being reported increasingly that Cousins might be a fit.   Cousins IMO is the clear best QB left - but I don’t think he quite makes the level you need to be a true sustained legitimate contender.  A lot would depend on price given he’s only signed for 1 year and 35M - 10M dead $ stays with Min (2022 2nd and 2023 2nd?  Maybe).    It’s nowhere near as appealing as getting the truly elite QB.  

3.  Anything is possible but I would think it’s now a near impossibility that JimmyG plays in Denver.     The last 3 games probably drop him to “desperate with no draft pick spots to consider QB” teams.   Indy.  Pittsburgh (don’t believe the Rudolph statement. Because I have a pulse and eyes).  

The telling statement is there’s no plan C even in play until A-Rod / Wilson options are not there.  With no ownership Watson isn’t in the mix.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I disagree. Tua has shown to be injury prone and pretty limited, their OL is a mess, and they lack talent at their skill position spots. Battling with the Bills and Patriots also isn't a great spot to be in.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pats/Bills are going to regress without McDaniels/Daboll/Dorsey. AFC East is wide open. And the Dolphin Roster is very good. Plus Tua can still be developed and way cheaper than Kirk. You are gonna have to get rid of Kirk somehow. 

All of that remains to be seen though, Josh Allen looks like a future HOF level player and the Patriots just made the playoffs this season. Tua has been one of the least productive passers in the league.