Eagles sign QB Sudfeld to active roster. Waive DT Hamilton

ninjapirate

3 hours ago, Phire said:

Activating Sudfeld itself isn't really a big deal, but I find it interesting that this dude could have gone elsewhere for a better opportunity but decided to stay here behind a franchise QB and Foles, meaning he's really got no shot at playing, but wants to be around this team and the coaching staff. He repeated that it feels "special" here. I mean if you still needed evidence that the player have fully bought in, look no further than our scout team QB being enthusiastic about being the scout team QB for this team, rather than going somewhere else where he might have had a better chance to see the field.

Well said.

We are definitely in the process of building something really special.

Our coaching staff is  great. Pederson is definitely a players coach.

Carson is a guy that opposing players seem to really like and talk highly of.

He's already becoming a guy that I think players are gonna want to play with. I mean Alshon said he was part of the reason he wanted to be an Eagle.

21 minutes ago, Phire said:

So that mystery team that wanted Sudfeld was the Colts.

Just stop screwin around and Nicky 6 for T.Y. me. 

But I really wonder why they were so scared of losing a 3rd QB when they didn't even actively have one on the roster. This feels like Howie with Bradford. As in, keeping as many assets as possible to hopefully trade them one day. I may be alone or in the minority but I think Howie signing Bradford to that contract was pre meditated to moving him and frankly, a master stroke. My only confusion is what is Howie's end game in keeping a green 3rd string QB. I'm guessing, since there's not much value in Sudfield, Howie was/is/will be hoping to move Foles, who like him or not, is one of the better 32 QBs in the league. Getting a desperate team, ala Sam and the Vikings, to move for Foles and overpay would be ideal. I just wonder if Howie would move a quality backup in favor for pick(s) and an unproven Sudfield. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Just stop screwin around and Nicky 6 for T.Y. me. 

But I really wonder why they were so scared of losing a 3rd QB when they didn't even actively have one on the roster. This feels like Howie with Bradford. As in, keeping as many assets as possible to hopefully trade them one day. I may be alone or in the minority but I think Howie signing Bradford to that contract was pre meditated to moving him and frankly, a master stroke. My only confusion is what is Howie's end game in keeping a green 3rd string QB. I'm guessing, since there's not much value in Sudfield, Howie was/is/will be hoping to move Foles, who like him or not, is one of the better 32 QBs in the league. Getting a desperate team, ala Sam and the Vikings, to move for Foles and overpay would be ideal. I just wonder if Howie would move a quality backup in favor for pick(s) and an unproven Sudfield. 

Foles is 100% getting traded as soon as possible. QBs are always in demand.

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

Foles is 100% getting traded as soon as possible. QBs are always in demand.

Yea. It makes sense now. We all had sticker shock about Foles initially but if Howie can get a 2nd or 3rd from a desperate team, we would all celebrate that move. We could use the cap space next year but I can see him holding onto Foles until the compensation matches his wants. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea. It makes sense now. We all had sticker shock about Foles initially but if Howie can get a 2nd or 3rd from a desperate team, we would all celebrate that move. We could use the cap space next year but I can see him holding onto Foles until the compensation matches his wants. 

Yup. When teams are calling Jay Cutler for a starting job, and trying to trade for AJ McCarron, and starting Siemian and Osweiler... no reason some team won't trade for Foles. He's probably be Denver's best QB.

Yeah I would much rather be developing on the Eagles then go to that dumpster fire in Indy. It's what I thought Treggs should have done. I understand you want to play but he's not helping his career in the long term going to a new system to be a backup on a winless team.

6 hours ago, MemphisEagles said:

Yeah I would much rather be developing on the Eagles then go to that dumpster fire in Indy. It's what I thought Treggs should have done. I understand you want to play but he's not helping his career in the long term going to a new system to be a backup on a winless team.

He is helping his pockets though. roster guys make more than practice squad guys. can't blame a young guy going to probably an extra 100K at least this year for making that move.

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

He is helping his pockets though. roster guys make more than practice squad guys. can't blame a young guy going to probably an extra 100K at least this year for making that move.

He can always sell our Super Bowl ring

On Sunday, November 05, 2017 at 2:54 AM, ninjapirate said:

We actually offered to match the price, so salary would have been the same regardless. Treggs opted to play.

Archived